• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

droid_kid

Lurker
May 17, 2010
well i downloaded an emulator, and was told i could put games on my phone. in the process of trying i must have hacked my phone. ask me how i have no idea. my android has been deleting the contacts off my phone and when i try to import them they never stay on my phone. its pretty annoying. if some one could point me in the right direction, im new to the forum and i just want my phone to be back to normal and stop running slow. thank you.

What emulator? Have you installed a different ROM? Is the phone new? Is it stock? More information would help us be able to help you.

If it *is* stock, try a battery pull first. Remove the battery from the phone for a few seconds and then put it back and power up. That *may* fix it.

Otherwise, you might have to do a factory reset. It's easy to do, and you should be good. I think. You will lose whatever data you have put on it.

Instructions to factory reset are here in the first post.

Make sure you let us know how it went.

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones