• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone used Amazon Wirless to purchase a smartphone

DoctorZaius68

Now that Verizon has announced that they will be moving to tiered data plans this summer and I am out of contract, I am now looking to purchace a new android smartphone. I am considering buying a Thunderbolt from amazon at $199 vs. Verizon's $250.

My biggest concern is how I would handle a warrenty issue. Do I deal with Verizon for warrenty issues or Amazon? Can I still take my phone into a Verizon corporate store for warrenty issues?

Please let em know your experience.

DZ

Now that Verizon has announced that they will be moving to tiered data plans this summer and I am out of contract, I am now looking to purchace a new android smartphone. I am considering buying a Thunderbolt from amazon at $199 vs. Verizon's $250.

My biggest concern is how I would handle a warrenty issue. Do I deal with Verizon for warrenty issues or Amazon? Can I still take my phone into a Verizon corporate store for warrenty issues?

Please let em know your experience.

DZ

I am sorry I haven't been in the ally forum in a couple days.... I have purchased phones from amazon.. IMO it was the best experience I have had. I purchased a mytouch slide from there and had major issues so I talked to TMO and they said for the first 30 days I have to go through amazon which isn't a big deal ( they are nice and are based in the USA) after 30 days you go through verizon or the phone company you have. Trust me you will enjoy your experience.

Amazon seriously is pleasant to talk to. I ordered a necklace for my gf at the time for xmas and when i got it i took it out of the envelope. it was shoved in a velvet bag but the chain wasnt kept neat/taped like it should of been so i called and explained to the guy. and he issued be a refund right there on the spot without waiting for me to ship it back. sent me the label in an email, and then for my troubles issued me a $10 store credit. best experience with customer service. ever. and i havent had to complain about packaging since.

Back
Top Bottom