• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hatorade, what's your flava? Quattro 4G deserves some props.

hubsabubs

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2012
Dallas, GA
I paid 75$ for my Coolpad Quattro 4G on sale. N I LOVE IT! Much more than my old LG Optimus M, but I still love it and still use it. However don't hate on the Quattro.

So far Quattro 4G beats my Optimus M out of the gates short of the autofocus camera. My coolpad plays high end power hungry games, I have it fully tweaked out with about 20 or so games installed and about 20 or so apps and I still have around 100mbs of internal storage left. ADW Launcher EX + Theme / GO SMS and Contacts/Dialer/Keyboard + Theme. Rooted + self injected DPSManager from Cyanogenmod 100% Functional and Operational. Custom BootAnimation.zip.

This thing runs Real Boxing and that usually is only played by tegra enabled devices only. I play 720p/1080p .MKV movies on it using HW Decoding. I have gutted out all the bloatware. I get a good 20+ hours out of the battery. On light use days 32+. I have gone almost 36 hours without it being charged, only using it for texting and calls. I have overhauled its Android System to extend battery life and use. I don't even use a Task Manager for this phone, which I found myself constantly using on my Optimus M.

Right now installed and played daily on my Coolpad Quattro I have.

Final Fantasy Dimensions
Final Fantasy III
ShadowGun
ShadowGun Death Trigger
Real Boxing
Zaxxon
Repulze
NFS Shift + Most Wanted 2013
Asphalt 7
GTA Vice City
Chaos Rings
Chrono Trigger
Fast Escape
Chaos Copter 3D HD
Wild Blood HD
3D Bowling/Pool/Table Tennis

Granted the phone is cheaply built by a company in Japan, what more could you ask for from a 75$ phone. Considering all these phones are going to be scrap by the mid to end of 2014 since T-Mobile and MetroPCS merged and MetroPCS is eliminating their CDMA system and upgrading to T-Mobiles which means a whole new line of phones is coming and have to be upgraded to. Which includes the iPhone 5 available from MetroPCS. Get ready people.

newphoneshots_zpsed7c0661.png~original

alright everyone now that I have gotten through memorial day I will be spending some time tomorrow writing up a tutorial on how to get the most out of your coolpad. Im dumping some apks that ive cracked using luckypatcher and uploading them so you can have access to the full apps.

Sidenote : Keep an eye out I heard through the grapevine that Metro PCS will be carrying the Quattro II. Rocking Android 4.1.2, a 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon processor, 1 gig of ram, 4 gigs of internal storage, a qHD 4.5 inch screen, 5MP autofocus camera, 1.3mp VGA frontside camera and an 1,800mAh battery. Probably selling for close to what the Quattro sold for.

Reactions: Rinju
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones