• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root have quesions about rooted apps

mikemike1234

Android Enthusiast
sents my phones are rooted now i want to start getting the rooted apps have sev questions about the ones i am not sure about to hel inpove some functionality of the phone

Two things come to mind about functionality, but I'm sure there are more.

Setcpu will let you change cpu settings which will have a direct effect on phone speed and battery. Also even though it's not a app changing Kernels which tells the phone how to processes it's battery power can also have a big effect on phone operation. Kernels don't necessarily work the same on each phone and need to be given a few days to settle in.

Those are two quick things that come to mind

Yeah, there's not many apps that improve the phone.. I really like setcpu.

Titanium backup is a must have.. It freezes, backs up, and and restores apps and it's a data.

Those are the two I use the most. There is also terminal emulator and root explorer as well.

well mikestony and ocn have been with me from teh start so sent you guys recommended the tb and setcpu

first question is in the guild it covers a few things about the setcpu and ocvers some verious thing how ever i am still not clear on some tipics on it for a example

right mow is set on

998max 245 min

gov smartass

schelder deadline

so i guess m my question would be what do these thing mean

my next question would be it look like i can aguest these thing however iread that you can lower the cpu to wast lese power when screen is off an other option like that i guess ia m confused on the whole thing that was covered in the guide

now another app i have is

a lcd resolution this app look like well alow me to ajust the rez of the screen so is this a wish choice

and there is a lcddensity one as well

and ther is a beats audio one as well

now there is not much of a deiscrition on them and what they do

next would there be a app that woudl alow me to transfer files to my sdcard and clear more space i guess

or mabybe free up soem ram or cach to make it run faster

well mikestony and ocn have been with me from teh start so sent you guys recommended the tb and setcpu
first question is
in the guild it covers a few things about the setcpu and ocvers some verious thing how ever i am still not clear on some tipics on it for a example

right mow is set on

998max 245 min

gov smartass

schelder deadline

so i guess m my question would be what do these thing mean

my next question would be it look like i can aguest these thing however iread that you can lower the cpu to wast lese power when screen is off an other option like that i guess ia m confused on the whole thing that was covered in the guide

I'd say as simply as possible:
Gov - Controls how the cpu scales when carrying out activities and processes.
Scheduler - Decides the order of said activity and process the phone carries out.
Further reading on CPU governor and scheduler click here

If you are running the underworld kernel. I would suggest getting the app incredicontrol from play store. It allows you to change values for cpu min/max, the governor and scheduler, and also change the voltage level mins/max.

As to the set up - a lot of users recommend the following set ups:
Gov - smartass v2
Scheduler: SI/O
CPU max/min: 768/245
gov - intellidemand/ondemandx
scheduler - bfq
cpu max/min: 998/245

As to the others. LCD - I wouldn't really mess around with the DPI unless you want problems with installing app via the store and having your phone not working.

a2sd - if you have a ROM with Dark Tremor's a2sd baked-in, I recommend the a2sdGUI app, again in the store. Rather than having to enter commands in the terminal its a Graphic Interface, simple to use, one press to do the a2sd commands for you.

I know some people don't like it but consider getting JRummy's ROM Toolbox PRO. The free version is limited but paid version contains several root tools which function well, and it is regularly updated as well so fixesand improvements are being made to its functions

a2sd - if you have a ROM with Dark Tremor's a2sd baked-in, I recommend the a2sdGUI app, again in the store. Rather than having to enter commands in the terminal its a Graphic Interface, simple to use, one press to do the a2sd commands for you.

To Piggy back on this I feel its very important to know how to use the program. While a2sdGUI is very nice. If your having FC's(happend to me) then its worthless. Knowing how and what commands you can use to get things back on track can save you lots of headache. I view it much like installing ROMS with ROM MANAGER. YOU need to know how to do it not something else.

Darktremor Installation Instructions

Most if not all ROMS today have it baked in so this may not be needed but it is still good reading and good information to know.

Darktremor Apps2SD Command Line Help

The above will help you when all else fails. This is very important information and should be read, reread, and then reread again. Knowing the command line will save you hours and hours of frustration.

Remember when you rooted your phone YOU accepted full responsibility for it. Always ASK questions and what ever you do when in doubt just do with out.

Also follow Robobob1221 advice about JRummy's ROM Toolbox PRO. I use it but it does not replace things like my terminal emulator, Also I'm on LTE so some other features I can't use I have to have other apps for.

With rooting 2 things will save you

1. READ
2. ASK

do those and you will never go wrong.

I suppose a number 3 would be also to always have a current nandroid of your system for when tinkering with these things goes a bit wrong.
For cleaning cache, cache cleaner ng, but also TiB has an option for that too!

Back
Top Bottom