• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help accidently deleted my data profile asap

Needforspeed

Aug 19, 2010
Ok my data profile wouldnt update so i saw something that said I can update it by going to ##data# and restoring the profile well now I have no service at all like its never been activated before and it just sits there at the hands free activation screen and keeps saying contacting network but nothing happens and I'm also rooted please help asap

Ok my data profile wouldnt update so i saw something that said I can update it by going to ##data# and restoring the profile well now I have no service at all like its never been activated before and it just sits there at the hands free activation screen and keeps saying contacting network but nothing happens and I'm also rooted please help asap

What happens when you power your phone off then turn it back on?

Upvote 0
^this. I will try and find the generic info from the data fields.

Still unclear on why yours deleted the info. Are we certain it wasn't manually deleted? Even then the data is restored when connecting to the network. Have you tried trying from a completely different location 5 miles plus away potentially near a different tower. It is obvious your phone and the network are not comunicated at your current location

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones