• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help. Rooted, recovery'ed, now I'd like to flash a kernal/rom.

Firstly, I know you hear this a lot, but, thank you scotty85! Your guide was easy-as-pie and I had absolutely no problems rooting my Rezound. I've flashed the Recovery you posted on your guide and it worked like a charm. Thank you.

Secondly, to anyone that can help, I'm aware of how to flash kernals and ROMs (I'm pretty sure), but the problem is finding them. Every one I've tried to download so far have been dead links. Does anyone know of a place that is reliable to download ROMs/kernals? Does anyone have any suggestions?

To sum it up -
I'm rooted. I'm using the vigor recovery. I've installed su. I am 100-percent sure I'm rooted. I'm just stuck on which kernal to use exactly. The ones I was going to "test" have dead download links. I haven't even tried a ROM yet.

Reactions: scotty85
awsome! glad it was helpful. if youre s on and want to flash roms,all you need to do is boot your recovery(i.e. directions for temporary recovery in the guide) as then you can just flash the rom normally. if recovery is fastboot booted into phone memory,it can and will flash the kernel just like an s off phone. :) more info on that here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

within that page youll find a link to this thread,if you still want to flash the boot image normally: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/499172-how-manually-flash-roms.html#post3933400

but again,if you fastboot boot recovery,you just need to(in a nutshell):
-place rom(and gapps if its an AOSP rom) onto sd card
-boot to fastboot
-fastboot boot recoveryname.img
-make a backup
-full wipe(data/cache/dalvik)
-flash rom
-(flash gapps if AOSP)
-reboot

you can use the same process whenever you need to restore a backup.

hope that helps :)

Reactions: Jxshua
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones