• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Thumnails okay but photos are damaged

MK95

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the photos I take with my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (i8160). Most of the pictures are just normal, but some of them seem to be damaged for some reason.

All the thumbnails in the gallery are normal, but when I open some of them, I get a blank picture or a half blank-half normal picture. Also when I open the damaged ones on my computer, the thumbnail is okay but the picture itself isn't.

I don't have this problem all the time, maybe 1 out of 10 photos I take are damaged. It also seems like sometimes the problem occurs more often than let's some days later. It isn't the firmware (I re-installed it multiple times), and I'm quite clueless at the moment about what I have to do to solve it.
Can anybody help me with this?

are they being stored in internal memory or external memory? If the latter then try to check the disk in windows and see if it has any bad spots if it does I would replace the SDCARD and see how it goes from there.

The best way is to open up a command line and type:
chkdsk x: /f/r <-- replace x with drive letter of card

let windows do its thing.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones