• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hookah anybody?

My youngest daughter and her husband are big hookah fans. She worked in a hookah bar for a couple of years. It has a great following around here.

When I was a teen I built my own hookah from repurposed science hardware from school. We had a lot of fun gathered around that hookah. We were smoking store bought pipe tobacco. They have a million different smokes now flavored with this or that. It was fun back in the day and quite the vehicle to be social. A real novelty in the sixties. I started smoking a pipe when I was in grade school so it was right up my alley.

There is no cleaner smoke than pulling it through water... or whatever. It removes a great deal of the tars leaving the flavor.
If you invest in your own hookah, or hubble bubble as we called it, be warned that the liquid becomes very nasty in a short time.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My youngest daughter and her husband are big hookah fans. She worked in a hookah bar for a couple of years. It has a great following around here.

When I was a teen I built my own hookah from repurposed science hardware from school. We had a lot of fun gathered around that hookah. We were smoking store bought pipe tobacco. They have a million different smokes now flavored with this or that. It was fun back in the day and quite the vehicle to be social. A real novelty in the sixties. I started smoking a pipe when I was in grade school so it was right up my alley.

There is no cleaner smoke than pulling it through water... or whatever. It removes a great deal of the tars leaving the flavor.
If you invest in your own hookah, or hubble bubble as we called it, be warned that the liquid becomes very nasty in a short time.
yeah my roommate back in college had a hookah so i know of it's upkeep. it was pretty relaxing though.....at least for me. i just read that you get more nicotine than from smoking a cigarette. but i like smoking my cigar, but the various flavors makes the hookah intriguing to me.

i was just looking at amazon and they have some cool looking ones for about $50. some even have leds with various colors....to set the mood i guess. i'm looking for a super nice one though....probably a two pipe.

Upvote 0
yeah my roommate back in college had a hookah so i know of it's upkeep. it was pretty relaxing though.....at least for me. i just read that you get more nicotine than from smoking a cigarette. but i like smoking my cigar, but the various flavors makes the hookah intriguing to me.

i was just looking at amazon and they have some cool looking ones for about $50. some even have leds with various colors....to set the mood i guess. i'm looking for a super nice one though....probably a two pipe.

I don't think lights would float my boat but I suspect there is a demand or they wouldn't be for sale. I'll ask my daughter what, with her experience, she might recommend in the nice to very nice hookah and post again.

Upvote 0
i just read that you get more nicotine than from smoking a cigarette. but i like smoking my cigar, but the various flavors makes the hookah intriguing to me.

More nicotine surprises me. Perhaps it is the coolness of the smoke that led me to believe there was less. I know something is filtered into the water... big time. :)

Upvote 0
My Daughter text me with this: Mob hookah has a brand called Smokah. It's easier to clean than the old school hookahs and the attachments are magnetic so you don't have to mess with silicone grommets. Two hose hookahs are harder to find and don't smoke as well. You can get plastic tips to put in the hose if they want to share the hookah. I also like Khalil Maamoon hookahs if they want a traditional hookah brand that will last forever. It is harder to clean and I don't think they sell a two hose.

She went onto say that ONYX Gamma Hookah (Stainless Steel) is her daily driver.

Upvote 0
My Daughter text me with this: Mob hookah has a brand called Smokah. It's easier to clean than the old school hookahs and the attachments are magnetic so you don't have to mess with silicone grommets. Two hose hookahs are harder to find and don't smoke as well. You can get plastic tips to put in the hose if they want to share the hookah. I also like Khalil Maamoon hookahs if they want a traditional hookah brand that will last forever. It is harder to clean and I don't think they sell a two hose.

She went onto say that ONYX Gamma Hookah (Stainless Steel) is her daily driver.
Nice, thanks for that. There is a smoke shop near me that sells hookahs. I'll look and see what they have.

I also see that they have some tarless shishas that have no nicotine. I might check those out as well.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones