• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hotspot

bill236

I understand, you're not talking down to me, I did three prevails with ODIN, roms last one was 3.80, didn't care for the issues I was getting went back to 3.68, restarted evertthing with this root process and in 30 seconds it was done, reboot, playstore, supersu, reboot, it says it has root access, I use Open Garden as my free WiFI to my laptop, won't work, tried several others as well nothing works, installed root checker and the device has root access, I had back surgery 2 weeks ago and I am recouping at my camp at the lake, so my laptop is my only means of entertantment, need free WIFI for this prevail2, after you install them they tell you they don't support the lastest android version, that sucks, but I will keep trying to find something that works, I like Boost, just don't want to have to pay extra for a data plan, I don't think they offer one anyway, thanks for your help, if I find anything I'll post some info. What is the program to use to do the posting for this forum?

I understand, you're not talking down to me, I did three prevails with ODIN, roms last one was 3.80, didn't care for the issues I was getting went back to 3.68, restarted evertthing with this root process and in 30 seconds it was done, reboot, playstore, supersu, reboot, it says it has root access, I use Open Garden as my free WiFI to my laptop, won't work, tried several others as well nothing works, installed root checker and the device has root access, I had back surgery 2 weeks ago and I am recouping at my camp at the lake, so my laptop is my only means of entertantment, need free WIFI for this prevail2, after you install them they tell you they don't support the lastest android version, that sucks, but I will keep trying to find something that works, I like Boost, just don't want to have to pay extra for a data plan, I don't think they offer one anyway, thanks for your help, if I find anything I'll post some info. What is the program to use to do the posting for this forum?
By free wifi, you mean you want to use your phone as a hotspot?
If so, lets make a new thread to work on this.

Awsome Idea Koumajutsu! That would be pretty sweet if we can figure out which Hitspot works forbthe Prevail 2. Gas anyone tried the the Paid Full Version from FoxFi downloading it from BlackMart Alpha.with a rooted Prevail 2? It just may work. Post it if it does. I'm about ti try this Root method rite about now. Any problems i'll be back for Sure LOL!
Can anyone help me out with "Must have Apps besides Titanium Backup? What else should i download if this method works. God willing fingers Crossed! Well here goes! "POOF"

I did the PDAnet-FoxFi, free version every 10 minutes it shuts down and you need to reconnect, I did the paid version and it only works with the USB option, you need to be plugged into the laptop to get internet, but it works fine, pretty fast as well, I need to mess around with the WiFi and see why I can't connect through that, this is all new to me, so I'm really not sure just what I'm doing yet, but if I get it working I will certainly post what I did.

Back
Top Bottom