• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do you root a PendoPad 4.0 PP4MT-7?

I can confirm that styelz image worked on my 70283 as well. Though as documented, issues with compatability with some apps in Goggle Play store. Workaround by downloading those apps from 1Mobile. So Styelz ROM is working but not exactly perfectly.

Out of curiosity here is an extract of the relevant lines from my Samsung GT-I9100 Build-Prop. You will see there are 3 more lines where the model (GT-I9100) or brand (samsung) are quoted. ...

ro.product.model=GT-I9100T
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100T
ro.product.device=GT-I9100T
ro.product.board=smdk4210
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product_ship=true
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Has anyone tried to amend the Build.Prop in Styelz image to reflect the original Samsung GT-I9100 one for better compatibility in Goggle Play store? In particular, lines 2, 3 & 4 ?.

Just an update on this post. Tried changing all above variables in Build.Prop in all sorts of combinations to GT-I9100T and it didnt make any difference to the compatability issue. So for APPs not compatible in PlayStore use 1Mobile instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones