• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Many Successfully Went Leak ---> Root

I did it on my girlfriends eris but now am looking into which rom and I'm thinking WW but I don't use a2sd on my moto droid but would like to on hers for the space...I have a couple questions maybe wrong thread? but anyways you started this andrizoid so I think it'll be fine asking you a couple questions here....thanks...
1. I use clockwork recovery on my droid but I see AmonRa is the main recovery for the eris...Can I use ROM Manager to flash clockwork then use the partition sd option for the ext4 and then just click flash AmonRa? will this work with you're cyano port?

i dont know anything about the clockwork recovery. you should switch to amon_ras thought. you can partition your sd card from the amon_ra recoveyy menu

Upvote 0
well I ended up using the clockwork method...i should have tried the AmonRa first but everything is working fine so far. Ive been messing with it for these few hours and have installed all her aps and did tweaking to the setting of adw and spare parts and set cpu. Another question? will you compile ADW's new update and add it in the next update? Can I flash one of the dream zips from a cyanogen dream?

Upvote 0
I was trying and was able to get it past the step of pulling out the sd card at the right time and that was good but couldn't do the second part of that step (putting it back in). I tried multiple times (like 10) but I couldn't get it to work. What did you do?

Not sure if it meant anything, but I was running it in a virtual machine. I was watching tereg last night and I tried several times with no luck. Just keep at it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones