• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many were able to get their NE2 date moved up?

I called up today and said i was told by a rep at my local store to call and see if a manager can upgrade my date. I told them how unhappy I am with my original storm and they moved it up for me. My original date was 8/8 and is now effective 7/14

Thank to you all for the idea to try to get Verizon to move the NE2 date. I just called and spoke to a supervisor who was very kind and helpful. I told her I was having trouble with my BB and wanted to get the Droid X. Asked if she could move the NE2 date. She said I could order a new BB through the insurance program. I explained that if I paid $50 for the insurance claim and then ordered a new phone when eligible for NE2 it defeated the purpose. After some sweet talking she agreed to change the date. She noted that this was the exception, not the rule. Anyway, it makes me very happy! :-) I will be checking the website at 12:01 in every time zone to place my order for the new Droid X.

This thread inspired me to keep calling and trying to get my date moved up. After about 6 phone calls, I got my NE2 moved up 9 months. Can't remember the VZW Reps name but she was 100% amazing.

It took me 3 calls throughout the last month, but I was able to get my NE2 moved up by 2 months when I called this morning. It was so painless i'm wondering why other reps have a problem doing it. I tried calling yesterday and even with the rep checking with someone, they still wouldn't move it up. Today, the nice man didn't even check with anyone, he just said sure. I guess it really does depend on the csr you get.

wow how the hell did someof you guys move urs up so much mine ne2 is july 2011 wish i could move mine up to today

No dice for me :(

I've called 3 different times. Twice I was told it isn't possible. Once I was told 3 weeks was the max. My NE2 is 10/12/10. So far I have mentioned...

My current Omnia (original) is dying (which it is)
I have 7+ years of outstanding history with VZW
Multiple referrals
Worried that when my NE2 did come up, the X would be on backorder like the incredible
Stupid to put in an insurance claim to get a crappy refurb omnia to last for 3 months until NE2
I currently pay over $125/month in service for 2 lines

I guess I will keep trying....I wonder if they are putting a note on my account everytime, lol. If so, some CSR is going to be like..."sir, this is the 50th time you have called about this, we are not moving the date!" lol

Don't give up!! I kept bugging them until I got a nice rep that was willing to help me out! I was very nice and polite each time I called...don't let your frustration show!

No dice for me :(

I've called 3 different times. Twice I was told it isn't possible. Once I was told 3 weeks was the max. My NE2 is 10/12/10. So far I have mentioned...

My current Omnia (original) is dying (which it is)
I have 7+ years of outstanding history with VZW
Multiple referrals
Worried that when my NE2 did come up, the X would be on backorder like the incredible
Stupid to put in an insurance claim to get a crappy refurb omnia to last for 3 months until NE2
I currently pay over $125/month in service for 2 lines

I guess I will keep trying....I wonder if they are putting a note on my account everytime, lol. If so, some CSR is going to be like..."sir, this is the 50th time you have called about this, we are not moving the date!" lol

Keep trying! My situation was very similar to yours and they moved my date from November 27th to July 14.

ok, screw being patient... i'm trying again.
1.i'm saying i have a bb storm 1 and then a few other people i know that also had it the same length of time i have have had their storms completely crash and they had to get new phones (no lie).
2.that i'm worried about the x being on backorder as bad as the inc by the time i'm able to use my ne2.
3. AND that i've been a customer for a long time and have not used my ne2 credit in at least 4 years because i normally do the annual upgrade.
*crosses fingers*

oh yea, and i mentioned that i've been reading about all these people who are really far out who have gotten it moved up.... i'm only asking for it to be moved up a month!!!

What happened to them letting people upgrade as long as their contract was up this year?

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot. Have not been following X, but now my brother wants one but he is not up till November.

I've been on a no noise type hold for about 1hour 20 min now. i also sent an email. my upgrade is up the 21st (5days) im really hoping they accept mine!

What happened to them letting people upgrade as long as their contract was up this year?

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot. Have not been following X, but now my brother wants one but he is not up till November.

you can, but some of us are up for our NE2 (extra $50 or $100 off) soon and would like to use that.
annual upgrade usually involves paying an EXTRA $20 on top of the 2 year discount price.

you can, but some of us are up for our NE2 (extra $50 or $100 off) soon and would like to use that.
annual upgrade usually involves paying an EXTRA $20 on top of the 2 year discount price.
How then? I tried to order online nowhere would it let me deduct to 2 year price. Kept asking me to pay the full retail.

How then? I tried to order online nowhere would it let me deduct to 2 year price. Kept asking me to pay the full retail.

I believe a majority of customers had to call or visit stores to place orders that took advantage of the early upgrade. I don't believe it was automatically regarded when purchasing online.

When all else fails, call and speak to customer service to get it straightened out.

I believe a majority of customers had to call or visit stores to place orders that took advantage of the early upgrade. I don't believe it was automatically regarded when purchasing online.

When all else fails, call and speak to customer service to get it straightened out.
Oh I see. Thanks. Do they honor the instant $100 off over the phone?

yea, annual upgrades i believe have to be done over the phone or in person. your online account will only show when your contract end date/upgrade eligibility is, but not your annual upgrade date.

Back
Top Bottom