• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

^^how many X users are about to move on to newer devices^^

Well my understanding the radio on the device is built into the Chispet. Its made by qualcom ( spelling) So I am not sure what the Samsung radio has to do with the S3. It has the same radio as the one x, Evo and what ever else phone uses the S4. We have all heard nothing but good reviews on those phones.

If those all have good reception so should the S3. If the S3 does have bad reception its on Verizon's end not Samsung or qualcomms. It has do with the spectrum Verizon is suing I would Imagaine. But then of course they don't have the 4g network Verizon does either so who knows.
The modem is part of the Snapdragon S4, but "the radio" includes the antenna. The antenna is designed by Samsung and has a lot more to do with reception than the modem does. The antenna will perform differently on different networks. So, you can't take good performance on a GSM network and say it will be good on a CDMA network. If it was a problem with Verizon, then it would be a problem with ALL Verizon phones. It isn't.

You have your names a little mixed up. There's the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. It can be understandably confusing.

And the link you posted is for an unlocked GSM device whereas Verizon uses CDMA so unfortunately that phone won't work.

Is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus S3 (the latest one) for Verizon?

More importantly: Can I use THIS phone for Verizon:
New Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300 16GB Unlocked GSM Phone Android 4.0 OS 8MP Camera | eBay=

That's the same price as the 32Gb from Verizon...if your looking to stay off contract. And as UrsusVIIILXXXVII said, no the eBay is a GSM phone, not CDMA.

Well tonight I finally broke down and bought a replacement 4G phone. The X was great for most of my ownership, however, the fact that I've never navigated with GPS and NOT had to reboot is a concern.

Since I'm not sure what I want to do with Verizon, I bought a new Sony Xperia Play 4G on ebay to get me by for at least another 6 months. Can't wait to have 4G at the very least, let alone a game controller(I'm going to be a lot less productive at work).

At least my navigation will work better :)

I know I've been much more of a lurker than a talker, but I really appreciate all the help I've received on this board since my Incredible gave up the ghost after 6 months and was sent a Droid X as an insurance replacement.

Like many of you, I've decided to keep my unlimited data plan (for 2 more years, anyway) and pre-purchase a GSIII (white, 16GB). After almost two years of heavy abuse, my X still looks pretty good, and hopefully will fetch a decent price on ebay.

A special note of thanks for all of the people who contributed to the root forum, especially those who convinced me to go with MIUI.

I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus tonight for $50. Tried my hardest to get the SIII but the system just wasn't willing to play along. The rep I spoke with was jealous of my $100 discount. I said I'd let him have it if he'd get me the SIII but no dice.

The X was my first Android phone and I think I lucked out. Add to that this community and you couldn't ask for a better situation.

Now let's see what I can get out of the Nexus.

I've been a lurker since drop day two years ago. Moving on to the SIII like many others. I just wanted to echo my thanks to everyone on this forum. So many questions answered!

Got a Razr Maxx on the 27th. I wanted to wait and see but didn't want to lose my unlimited data. Shame since my X still worked just fine.

I also pulled the trigger on the SIII. The X was my first Droid phone and this forum helped me along the right path with rooting my phone and fixing it when things went wrong.

Cheers!

As a follow-up, I did pull the trigger on 6/21 and purchased a Razr Maxx and also took the ICS update on 6/30. I must say that so far, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my decision. I loved my faithful DX, but the DRM is an absolute beast in comparison. It's faster, smoother, more stable, I like the display better and the battery life is unreal. I did do a FDR on the phone after I took the ICS update and everything is running great. Hopefully, it stays this way. Still have lots to learn about the DRM and ICS, but Motorola has put out some excellent documents and videos on the support page to get up to speed quickly on features and changes with the phone and OS. I don't know about the SGSIII, but I'm very pleased so far with the Razr Maxx!!! I'll be heading over to that forum now...C ya there!

I'm with you... No clue what FDR has to do with ICS... :confused:

Factory data reset??

Correct! FDR = Factory Data Reset
With my DX, I did FDR's after taking the Froyo and GB updates and it always seemed to make my phone run better.
When I took the ICS update on my Razr Maxx, I had one silly bug where my camera app wouldn't make the shutter sound. Did an FDR and camera shutter sound is back and everything is running great. I'm not a tech kind of person, but it seems that FDR's do seem to help when taking updates...kind of like starting with a clean slate I guess.

Back
Top Bottom