• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to know my sd card is as internal storage or portable storage in marshmallow

A

Android Question

Hi Members,

For some of the applications, not appearing move to sd card option in my marshmallow. While for others application, i moved them to sd card. So I want to know "is my card working as internal storage or portable storage?". I have android one phone and updated to Mashmallow by official release.

Find below screenshots of it.

9ppe2r.png

App that successfully moved to SD Card

fu2bd1.png

Not showing move to sd card option for uber app

2dv4o0j.png

Your SD card is external storage

...except it's not under Android 6.x if formatted as internal storage. Marshmallow brings the option to unify built-in and external storage volumes into a single contiguous space.

I want to know "is my card working as internal storage or portable storage?"

It's working as internal storage; the "SanDisk SD card" label gives that away, plus the "Device Storage" total is a sum of the two. If it was otherwise it would be labelled as such under "External Storage".

Not all apps can be moved from "legacy" (for want of a better term) internal storage, even under MM, if the developer specifically restricted installation to only there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones