• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

This update brought a new program called "Connection Optimizer".... That piece of crap has been randomly turning my wifi and 3G on and off. And today it prevented me from turning on wifi at all, because I woke up early and it thought I was supposed to be sleeping!

The wifi settings could connect to my router and said I had excellent strength, but the wifi symbol at the top of the screen show zero bars...!!! and as soon as I would launch a browser, the wifi would disconnect!

I found the connection optimizer and disabled it, but the wifi still wouldn't turn on. So I turned it off and pulled the battery. Now the optimizer is still disabled, and I can connect to wifi no problem.

I found no settings for the optimizer anywhere, and it is not an app that you can run to change settings.

Frustrating.

The optimizer in my opinion is definitely a waste of space and battery resources

Failed attempt at a good update :)

I always auto disable it when I have to do a wipe ;)

Just curious, where is the option to disable "Connection Optimizer"?

I cannot seem to find it :/

Thanks for any help! :)

Edit: Cancel that all it took was a quick google ;) :

"Go to Settings, Mobile data, Automatic Connections, and uncheck Connections Optimizer."

This def breaks Swype, I even did a factory reset to see if that did anything and Swype still doesn't work. From what I've read, HTC and Sprint are aware of the issue, and HTC is working to send a fix for it. In the mean time you can either install the beta version of Swype from the Swype website, or you can use another app like Swiftkey.

Is there still no solution from Sprint that fixes the Swype problem?

Nope. Ironically, if it weren't for all of this, I'd probably have a new HTC One by now. The lack of support on this issue from HTC and Sprint though, has made me re-think my plans. Not only have they not fixed it, they're still pushing the update that they know breaks it.

Thanks for pointing that out marctronixx! I didn't notice as I've bookmarked this page directly. I forced mine to check and it can't find it yet, but I will definitely keep trying. I'll still choose to be a annoyed with them, but perhaps I'll consider not hating them, now. ;-)

Hi.
My Htc has been acting strange since the 2.95.651.5 software update.
first the screen got crazy and it started to open apps or selecting things by itself without touching it.

I use my phone in spanish and the problem is that after the update the phone changed some native apps from spanish to english, so now i have my htc in different languages at the same time. i have already done hard reset and the phone keeps changing the language and the screen doing strange things.

what can i do?, my phone is not rooted and i don't want to root it...is there a solution for it?

Back
Top Bottom