• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo's SIZE!!!! OMG!!!!

Not sure why anyone reviewing this phone would ever comment on the size unless it was freakishly thick. It's 4.3" so physically it has to have a minimal LxWxD. I'm not hearing any of these commenters say they opened the phone up and found lots of unused space or oversized components so the statements don't sync with reality.

I told my wife the tradeoff for a phone this size will be putting it against your head. It will feel a little clumsy. But then I told her (and she agreed) is this really how you foresee using the Evo. Don't you see yourself texting, surfing, headphone listening, and online surfing a lot more? And that's the point.

Upvote 0
Not sure why anyone reviewing this phone would ever comment on the size unless it was freakishly thick. It's 4.3" so physically it has to have a minimal LxWxD. I'm not hearing any of these commenters say they opened the phone up and found lots of unused space or oversized components so the statements don't sync with reality.

I told my wife the tradeoff for a phone this size will be putting it against your head. It will feel a little clumsy. But then I told her (and she agreed) is this really how you foresee using the Evo. Don't you see yourself texting, surfing, headphone listening, and online surfing a lot more? And that's the point.

And to add to that...California peeps spend A LOT of time in their cars, especially in L.A., and it's illegal to text or talk on the phone while driving. Enter in Bluetooth headsets. So, when it comes to taking/placing calls, majority of the time it'll be with my bluetooth headset. The few times that I'm not using my bluetooth and talking on the phone, it's probably a fairly brief conversation.

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0
Here:

htc-evo-4g-19.jpg

htc-evo-4g-24.jpg

htc-evo-4g-26.jpg

It is was it is, buy it or don't buy it.

That is MASSIVE. I'd like to see a pic of it with a case!

It would be a good phone for women with purses, but it's also heavy so maybe not.

Upvote 0
Whynot just stop wearing emo jeans? Or do you want your evo to be emo? :cool:

lol!

...and Iowa are you making the switch? I know from reading your posts you are definitely a HW Keyboard person

Well if I do anything it won't be until november when my premiere upgrade hits. (If I bought a phone everytime I wanted a new on I've had a $600/mo phone bill lol...)By then maybe there will be an evo "pro". Htc likes to do that. But if the need be, ill sacrifice the keyboard for the sheer power of the evo.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0
i saw a comparison of the evo with an iphone and really its not thaaat much bigger...i feel that the larger screen is making people think that it is bigger than it really is...either way this phone wont be getting returned by me unless there is a huuuge issue

I compared the EVO "demo/brick" with the iPhone at BB today. The EVO "feels" 3x the size and 2x the weight of the iPhone yet they are pretty close when you stack one on top of the other. There definitely will be an "adjustment" period for new users and also quite a few returns (or non-purchases) when people see it "live" for the first time.

Upvote 0
ROFL I swear this phone needs to come out ASAP, threads are getting mind numbing, comparing size specs. Oh god its too heavy i might break my wrists, oh god the screen is soo big I might go blind, o heavens it wont fit in my skinny jeans, on and on and on. I dread to see the new topics that will arise because we have 2 more weeks of waiting.

yall postin in a troll thread

Reactions: EleventhHour2139
Upvote 0
hand_blah_blah_blah.gif

Alright, fine, we get it. You think the Evo is too big for you.

If you're not interested in a phone that is "almost shockingly large," then why are you still here???

Oh, I know why... because you feel like YOU have to be HEARD! You have to toot your own horn about how much you hate the size of this phone. Well, that's nice... the rest of us don't agree with you and are fine with the size of the phone. Sorry we're not all rallying behind you and your revelations, raising you up on our shoulders, and cheering and chanting your name for enlightening us and show us the truth and the light.

did_i_say_that.gif

You want to know why I am here? It's because I like Android phones, and this one is very interesting. Besides, the giagantic size, everything else is excellent. Infact, it's very similar to the Incredible, which is also excellent, and this adds on to the great features of the Incredible. I choose to voice my opinion about the large size of the phone, and I apologize for hurting your feelings about it lol. And there are others who agree with me, that it is too large. I don't need you to rally behind my opinion. Any other questions?

Upvote 0
Yea, why did you bump a thread from 2 days ago after the shit slinging finally dropped to probably page 3 or 4.

Oh, this is an easy question to answer. First of all, I wasn't talking to you, but I'll give you the courtesy of replying to you. I am not on these threads 24/7, and I chose to answer the question of a forum member who was addressing me specifically. Any other questions?

Upvote 0
Everyone must have small hands. I'm not a huge guy, but the iPhone was TOO small for me. It's too thin. I bought an element case b/c I needed a thicker phone. My hand stopped cramping up after using that case.

I hope that picture gives you an idea of how large the case is.

obsessableelementcase.jpg

Who wants these tiny phones? I want screen real estate! 3.5" is too small for a screen now!

Upvote 0
And this already is the smaller StarTac the Original was about 2 inches deeper on the battery end. I owned several of these one branded as Pioneer and they were dam good phones you could drive over these suckers and they wouldn't bust. In fact I still have one somewhere.

That's no StarTAC. That's a DynaTAC 8000X. :D

I still have mine (actually my mom's hand-me-down)... LOL

Upvote 0
I've been checking on this because I'm also concerned that I won't like the size. The EVO is slightly larger (couple of mm in all directions) larger than the Droid and just about the same weight. I was playing around with a co-workers Droid today and think I can get over it

I have a Hero, and when my daughter got a Droid I laughed to myself because it was too unwieldy, so big. Reading through this thread I thought I would recheck - she has a cheap Verizon plastic case on hers, making it (I would guess) about the size of and EVO. Guess what? It fit in my pocket fine. Now, I haven't spent a day walking around with it in my pocket or anything, but I am thinking it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was. I guess I will just have to look at it in the store and make a decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones