• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

This is not acceptable for me. I was sceptical of the battery life with a 1230mah battery, but I really liked the specs and decided to buy one. This unit will be going back to the Shack and I will be picking up an Atrix.

As I said before purchasing this unit, battery is just too damn small. Love the phone, hate the battery life.

I have had a Nexus One, Captivate and Aria, so I know Android and all of my previous devices were rooted. I know all the power saving tricks and shortcuts. Unfortunately this phone isn't cutting it for me when it comes to uptime.

I understand some people can live with that. It's just not for me.

I hope you guys continue to enjoy your devices and here's hoping they come up with a higher capacity battery for this thing.

Just to let you know the atrix has less standby time so don't expect any better. Ps how is 5-10 % an hour not acceptable. If your not using it heavy all the time that will be an easy 15 hours of battery and if you're on it 24/7 it will give you about 10

Hmmm so this has no effect for you... I'm guessing that some of us have bad batches of batteries.

No like I said my screen has been at 30% since day one my sync is all on Facebook and Twitter 1hour and 30 min respectively. I use my phone all day texting email and phandroid especially I get easy 10 hours. You guys are either expecting to much while using it way to much and not taking into consideration the always connected nature of Android with a giant screen as inspire.

No like I said my screen has been at 30% since day one my sync is all on Facebook and Twitter 1hour and 30 min respectively. I use my phone all day texting email and phandroid especially I get easy 10 hours. You guys are either expecting to much while using it way to much and not taking into consideration the always connected nature of Android with a giant screen as inspire.

Thanks Andrea I'll try and match my settings as well. Do you have any news, weather, etc... running as well.

Today is back to what I had two days ago. Unplugged since 7:45am, so it's about 4:25 since unplugged, and I'm at 25% remaining.

Gonna swap it for a new one.

I also broke the sim cover, it's very fragile, be careful.

Just to let you know the atrix has less standby time so don't expect any better. Ps how is 5-10 % an hour not acceptable. If your not using it heavy all the time that will be an easy 15 hours of battery and if you're on it 24/7 it will give you about 10

Less standby but 9 vs. 6 hours talk time. Reviewers are reporting longer uptimes for the Atrix. From the Engadget review:

"On the battery side, the Atrix 4G packs an impressive 1930mAh battery inside, and even though Android is data intensive, we found ourselves squeezing more than 24 hours out of the device on a single charge with fairly heavy use."

I'm certainly not seeing anything compared to this from Inspire users. Are you? If I am overlooking something, let me know.

Less standby but 9 vs. 6 hours talk time. Reviewers are reporting longer uptimes for the Atrix. From the Engadget review:

"On the battery side, the Atrix 4G packs an impressive 1930mAh battery inside, and even though Android is data intensive, we found ourselves squeezing more than 24 hours out of the device on a single charge with fairly heavy use."

I'm certainly not seeing anything compared to this from Inspire users. Are you? If I am overlooking something, let me know.

I'm getting usually 12-15 hours from my battery. I have my brightness at 30 Facebook at an hour Twitter 30 min and news every 4 hours. I have the power save on and on WiFi almost all day everyday. It might not be 24 but it gets me through a day and I charge every night. I don't need my phone while I sleep so it can charge

When you buy a phone with a bright 4.3" screen, tons of fun data consuming widgets/apps, and a 1230 mAH battery, you gotta expect that whatever your typical usage is, you're going to see average to below average battery life compared to a range of other phones used the same way.

I need to get about 16 hours of run-time out of my phone and the Inspire 4G simply isn't going to do that without either neutering the phone (killing off all the "fun" stuff) or finding ways to get it recharged throughout the day. I'm thinking a charging cradle (or maybe several) and a second battery may be the right answer for a lot of folks. Has anyone gone that route yet? Does the battery door ever get easier? Having the battery door go flying across your office when it finally pops loose doesn't score a lot of cool points :)

When you buy a phone with a bright 4.3" screen, tons of fun data consuming widgets/apps, and a 1230 mAH battery, you gotta expect that whatever your typical usage is, you're going to see average to below average battery life compared to a range of other phones used the same way.

I need to get about 16 hours of run-time out of my phone and the Inspire 4G simply isn't going to do that without either neutering the phone (killing off all the "fun" stuff) or finding ways to get it recharged throughout the day. I'm thinking a charging cradle (or maybe several) and a second battery may be the right answer for a lot of folks. Has anyone gone that route yet? Does the battery door ever get easier? Having the battery door go flying across your office when it finally pops loose doesn't score a lot of cool points :)

I haven't killed anything all my stuff is on and sync is on the only thing I did was lower my brightness and shorten the time of screen on and I get easily 15 hours

I haven't killed anything all my stuff is on and sync is on the only thing I did was lower my brightness and shorten the time of screen on and I get easily 15 hours

I've done the same and I'm below 10% after 10 hours. Since there are so many things that can affect battery life (everything from the strength of your carrier's signal to the temperature of the phone), predicting battery life makes predicting the weather look easy :) For example, if your phone spends its day at 1-2 bars (like mine does) you'll do a lot worse than someone who sees 4-5.

Folks who aren't seeing good run time shouldn't feel like they're necessarily doing something wrong (some of the responses in this thread might give noobs that impression). Not all of the factors are under our control.

I've done the same and I'm below 10% after 10 hours. Since there are so many things that can affect battery life (everything from the strength of your carrier's signal to the temperature of the phone), predicting battery life makes predicting the weather look easy :) For example, if your phone spends its day at 1-2 bars (like mine does) you'll do a lot worse than someone who sees 4-5.

Folks who aren't seeing good run time shouldn't feel like they're necessarily doing something wrong (some of the responses in this thread might give noobs that impression). Not all of the factors are under our control.

This is very accurate. The signal strength is huge !!!!

ok, i don't mean to hijack this thread but thought to bring this up since it was mentioned on this thread. i'm a new htc inspire user (first android device) and i'm still working my way though the ins and outs of the device. while reading this thread, several questions came up that i hope someone would be able to answer:

1. several folks mentioned that they have xx% left on their battery. how do you know that? i assume you downloaded a widget or app to tell you the percentage of the battery. what would you suggest a good one that doesn't drain the battery? i saw several mentioned, battery indicator, batteryminder, juicedefender, etc. has anyone tried the battery widget from htc hub? any feedback on that?
2. until i read this thread, i never knew how to figure out how much time my phone has been in use since last charged and what's using my battery the most. found out it's menu > settings > about phone > battery. so now it brings me to my next question, what is up time and awake time? i tried to search it but couldn't find anything that actually describes what they mean. people would talk about it as percentage but it's formatted xx:xx:xx. i hope someone can explain it to me.

thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the newb question. once answered, i can better share my battery life experience as i would be more informed of what those numbers mean.

ok, i don't mean to hijack this thread but thought to bring this up since it was mentioned on this thread. i'm a new htc inspire user (first android device) and i'm still working my way though the ins and outs of the device. while reading this thread, several questions came up that i hope someone would be able to answer:

1. several folks mentioned that they have xx% left on their battery. how do you know that? i assume you downloaded a widget or app to tell you the percentage of the battery. what would you suggest a good one that doesn't drain the battery? i saw several mentioned, battery indicator, batteryminder, juicedefender, etc. has anyone tried the battery widget from htc hub? any feedback on that?
2. until i read this thread, i never knew how to figure out how much time my phone has been in use since last charged and what's using my battery the most. found out it's menu > settings > about phone > battery. so now it brings me to my next question, what is up time and awake time? i tried to search it but couldn't find anything that actually describes what they mean. people would talk about it as percentage but it's formatted xx:xx:xx. i hope someone can explain it to me.

thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the newb question. once answered, i can better share my battery life experience as i would be more informed of what those numbers mean.

Battery minder

I use a battery widget.

After turning down screen brightness, and managing things like blue tooth/wifi/data sync through the use of widgets...

I am 7 hours into my day with 60% of the charge left. Thats going to be good for 13-15hours...i can live with that. (medium light use today)

Battery minder

Without sounding redundant.. How much battery power does having Battery Minder on all the time cost? If its minimal I think it would be a nice thing to have. I can also open Android System Info https://market.android.com/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi which will also give me battery details.

Both of these seem to be very well rated, but not sure which to choose. They both say low power usage, but Battery Indicator is smaller in size install wise (if that means anything).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rollerbush.batteryminder

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator

Without sounding redundant.. How much battery power does having Battery Minder on all the time cost? If its minimal I think it would be a nice thing to have. I can also open Android System Info https://market.android.com/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi which will also give me battery details.

Both of these seem to be very well rated, but not sure which to choose. They both say low power usage, but Battery Indicator is smaller in size install wise (if that means anything).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rollerbush.batteryminder

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator

I don't.think having the battery percentage in the notifications bar takes up any

Ok today extremely heavy use off charger at 1030 its 1035 pm 19%

I was swamped at work, which means less time to play with the phone. It was on at 8am and I'm still at 41% at 7:45pm. Screen is set to auto, wifi on, bt on, and satellite gps on. I've made around 45 min in calls and maybe 20-30 text messages. I played a few games for 20 ish min waiting for a vendor. I used the stock browser lightly to check on a package a few times today, and google maps with location services for a few min.

Overall, it's not really that far off from my iPhone..

I was swamped at work, which means less time to play with the phone. It was on at 8am and I'm still at 51% at 7:45pm. Screen is set to auto, wifi on, bt on, and satellite gps on. I've made around 45 min in calls and maybe 20-30 text messages. I played a few games for 20 ish min waiting for a vendor. I used the stock browser lightly to check on a package a few times today, and google maps with location services for a few min.

THIS ^^^
my usage patterns and battery life seems almost identical sometimes the inspire amazes me

I was swamped at work, which means less time to play with the phone. It was on at 8am and I'm still at 41% at 7:45pm. Screen is set to auto, wifi on, bt on, and satellite gps on. I've made around 45 min in calls and maybe 20-30 text messages. I played a few games for 20 ish min waiting for a vendor. I used the stock browser lightly to check on a package a few times today, and google maps with location services for a few min.

There is absolutely no way you guys got the same quality of battery as me. I have BARELY used my phone today.

I have screen at 20%, wifi is off, blue tooth is off, data syncing has only been turned on twice today. I am at 8 hours and have 40% of my battery left....

I DID NOT EVEN TAKE MY PHONE OFF THE CHARGER TILL ALMOST 3:00 TODAY...

You are at almost 14 hours of pretty heavy usages and EVERYTHING RUNNING while i am at 8 hours of light usage with almost NOTHING running and we have the same battery life left??

This almost confirms my suspicion that a batch was sent out with lemon batteries...

There is absolutely no way you guys got the same quality of battery as me. I have BARELY used my phone today.

I have screen at 20%, wifi is off, blue tooth is off, data syncing has only been turned on twice today. I am at 8 hours and have 40% of my battery left....

I DID NOT EVEN TAKE MY PHONE OFF THE CHARGER TILL ALMOST 3:00 TODAY...

You are at almost 14 hours of pretty heavy usages and EVERYTHING RUNNING while i am at 8 hours of light usage with almost NOTHING running and we have the same battery life left??

This almost confirms my suspicion that a batch was sent out with lemon batteries...

Install battery minder or something like it, see what it says about your battery health.

To add I have data sync on too. Twitter s constantly updating and whatever else uses data sync. As well as my 2 email accounts checking for mail every 5 min.

Back
Top Bottom