• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

All i can say was my screen took up about 70% of the battery while hers had taken up about 40%. I had run a few apps she had not like pandora (just a few%) and i think some gps features (again just a few%).

I definately use mine more than hers but like i said...i barely used it today. Regardless it 100% was not enough to make up the difference between 24hours of up time and just 7-8ish. (no matter how you cut it..id have to had been using gps navigation/streaming video etc....i did NONE of that..just a few emails, texts, calls to her, and 20 min of pandora....the usage was just about all screen even though i hadnt even used it that much).

The battery swap is on the list but frankly...i can't really get the covers off...so. We will see. I may go back by AT&T and just ask them to give me a diff battery and explain to them what i have observed (or show them the usage charts).

Tomorrow ill take both off the chargers AT THE SAME TIME..and see how it progresses.

Upvote 0
I am going on 17 hours out of the charger now, my phone's battery is at %71.

That is after some pretty heavy texting throughout the day, watched a few YouTube videos (to show off flash to my roommate who has a Captivate :D), surfed the internet in the browser for about 30 minutes, and made about 5 calls.

I dont think mine would go 17 hours in airplane mode with the screen off.....:(

Upvote 0
I am going on 17 hours out of the charger now, my phone's battery is at %71.

That is after some pretty heavy texting throughout the day, watched a few YouTube videos (to show off flash to my roommate who has a Captivate :D), surfed the internet in the browser for about 30 minutes, and made about 5 calls.

17 hours and 71% with heavy texting and youtube and surfing? That's insane:eek:. If I didn't touch my phone and the screen never turned on I do not see how I would have 71% after 17 hours. I think I want some of whatever you are smoking.:p

Upvote 0
The irritating part of all this is that one must make several concessions (turn off GPS and Bluetooth, dim the screen, disable auto refresh, etc) in order to get "normal" battery life. Anyone that's coming from the Android ecosystem has already been doing this so there some loss of impartiality there.

I love this phone regardless, I just hope I can still say that after a few weeks have past.

Upvote 0
The irritating part of all this is that one must make several concessions (turn off GPS and Bluetooth, dim the screen, disable auto refresh, etc) in order to get "normal" battery life. Anyone that's coming from the Android ecosystem has already been doing this so there some loss of impartiality there.

I love this phone regardless, I just hope I can still say that after a few weeks have past.

I dont have to do any of that my auto refresh is on gps on. I dont use bluetooth and the screen is at 35-40%

Upvote 0
Agreed. Maybe 71% used up? Hahha :p

Nope, only 29% used up. I just followed some tips that were posted in other threads (Maybe here as well).

I turned off anything that syncs except for my weather and my sports widget (gotta have my scores :D), so now the FriendsStream and the NewStream I have on my homescreens only update when I hit the update bar at the bottom, I also have my screen brightness down to about 25% and I can see just fine, I also turned off any haptic feedback when I press on screen buttons.

Do some of that and see how your battery improves. :)

Upvote 0
Nope, only 29% used up. I just followed some tips that were posted in other threads (Maybe here as well).

I turned off anything that syncs except for my weather and my sports widget (gotta have my scores :D), so now the FriendsStream and the NewStream I have on my homescreens only update when I hit the update bar at the bottom, I also have my screen brightness down to about 25% and I can see just fine, I also turned off any haptic feedback when I press on screen buttons.

Why don't we put it in Airplane Mode while we're at it.

All jokes aside, doing all this considerably takes away from what I love about Android.

Upvote 0

Oh I'm not complaining about my battery. I've done most of what you did there except I left on background data and syncing. What scores widget are you using? :cool:

Upvote 0
The other thing everyone overlooks is signal strength. If you spend any significant time in areas where you have 1 or 2 bars and no WiFi, it will drain the battery in a big hurry as the phone has to ratchet up its TX power. On top of that, being on WiFi vs. mobile data makes a big difference as well (WiFi is far more efficient).

The only way to really get a meaningful comparison is to have two phones spend a day in the exact same environment doing the exact same things.

Upvote 0
The other thing everyone overlooks is signal strength. If you spend any significant time in areas where you have 1 or 2 bars and no WiFi, it will drain the battery in a big hurry as the phone has to ratchet up its TX power. On top of that, being on WiFi vs. mobile data makes a big difference as well (WiFi is far more efficient).

The only way to really get a meaningful comparison is to have two phones spend a day in the exact same environment doing the exact same things.

Bingo, and to do the exact same thing they would basically have to have all the same apps installed, and every single setting the same.

Don't forget to send out a text the day before letting everyone know to not call you tomorrow, you're doing research. Also, make sure you bump charge both all the way to 100%, or you have an 8-10% margin of error off the bat.

Upvote 0
I finally tried charging my battery w/ the phone off and below 20% as suggested by others. I unplugged @ 7am it's now 3:20 and I'm at 48% so if I do the math I'll get close to 15 hours today... Same use wifi,bt,games,talk time etc.... on average no different. So may be on to something with the way we are charging our phones. Just not sure if this is how it should be charged all the time.

Upvote 0
I finally tried charging my battery w/ the phone off and below 20% as suggested by others. I unplugged @ 7am it's now 3:20 and I'm at 48% so if I do the math I'll get close to 15 hours today... Same use wifi,bt,games,talk time etc.... on average no different. So may be on to something with the way we are charging our phones. Just not sure if this is how it should be charged all the time.

I do it all the time and I get 15 hours easy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones