• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X+ Bootloop / Battery Issue?

Aod_Knight

Lurker
Jul 19, 2014
hi guys
first of all sorry for my bad english, its not my native language ;)
i got the following problem, i got an one x+ from a friend, the problem is its stuck in a bootloop.
first without a charger it wont start at all, when I connect it to the charger, the led flashes 3 times red, makes a short break then again 3 times red... sporadically it turns on but only boots till the htc logo, vibrates for a second and then reboots again.
The same thing when i get into the bootloader, reboot after 4 sec, before that it shows some text (see below) and "battery is to low to flash"...
Then I tried to charge the phone, i let it charge for more then 10 hours, the led flashes red (3 intervals) during this time, battery and charger heating up quickly, but i think the batterly didnt charge at all, when i put out the charger from the phone the led stops blinking and the phone won't turn on.
Once i managed to get into the main menu, the touchscreen buttons at bottom starts blinking red and the screen was flickering, then after a couple of seconds reboot again.

now my question is, what could be the main reason for that? i dont think its from a failed flash because i managed to get into main menu once but everything is possible, maybe it could the battery? or the charger port on the phone or the on/off button? but on the other side the battery wont become hot when its a charger port issue.
so any advice would be nice, could it be worth to get a new battery and try to replace it?
And sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.

here is what i can see in the bootloader before it reboots:

*** LOCKED ***

HBOOT-1.35.000
RADIO something
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
cpu-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot: disabled
Modem Path: off
Battery level is too low to flash

SD Checking...
Failed to open usb master mode
loading PM35img.zip image...
Failed to open usb master mode
please plug off usb

then the text is cleared the menu is apearing, then reboot.

Greetings Knight

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones