• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I don't understand how Facebook syncs with my contacts. Problem.

Lazer77

Newbie
Basically here is the problem, I don't always have my 3G on for battery saving purposes, so that means my Facebook is not actively synced with my contacts. I do turn on the 3G on my phone at LEAST once a day, usually numerous times. I have linked a handful of contacts to their Facebook pages on my phone back in the past, back in October. But now I want to update their pictures, and every time I sync, its the same old picture from October. I even tried to delete the link, delete the contact, punch in the contact manually, then link it to the Facebook, and it STILL shows the picture from October.

I have a hard time explaining this problem. But is there any way so that when I turn on my 3G, Facebook will automatically update the photos on my contact list? Or even this would work too, is there any way to set it up where I can hit a button somewhere where it syncs them on my command. Basically I just want newer pictures, but these old ones do not go away at all. I tried playing around with it on and off for a few weeks now, and I cannot figure this out. I hope this makes sense.
 
From a home screen.

Menu.settings.applications.manage applications.all.clear cache for facebook and facebook for htc sense

I am pretty sure that fixed mine

Keep in mind it takes up to 45 minutes for the pics to update
 
Back
Top Bottom