• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
Got my froyo overnight and have been charging now for past couple of hours. As a couple of others have posted, seems to be taking longer to get fully there. Maybe this is a typical outcome of the upgrade...and okay as long as it means it will actually hold a charge longer now as promised.

Would be interested in others' experiences as they drain their batteries and recharge with 2.2.

Thanks!

Looks like someone is listening.

I made my comment and figured I would turn off the phone and turn on again. Went to system updates before turning off but when I went there again after turning on the phone it was updating.

YAY!

I checked too just in hopes we were both being listened to. Not so much. :(

Just got back from a trip to Hawaii this week. Maui (don't know if you live there) was amazing!

When I took mine off the charger this morning Froyo was ready to install. I have not had a chance to play with it much, but switching from one screen to the next does seem smoother, I like the new boot animation and I do not hear the beep when I turned the phone off.

I am 60 miles south of Seattle WA.

Got mine at noon today!!

jersey Shore

Tell "the situation" he is a disrespectful dipshit. He has some nerve treating women that way. I hope some day he gets a taste of his own medicine.

I also hope im a good enough dad to somehow keep my daughter away from this type of trash

/rant

people wanted this zip file pulled from the cache once it was downloaded by the phone correct??

how would i get it?
i tried rebooting into recovery mode, and then transfering using this command:
adb pull /cache/ c:\cache

it seemed to pull alot of stuff of the phone but the OTA file didnt seem big enough (only 42 megs) when the phone clearly states that it is a 96 meg update.

i am happy to share this update file with anyone if they want it. also if someone responds quick enough i will try to pull the file again with whatever method you would like me to try.

Got my froyo today ota at high noon northeast Ohio. Did a factory reset after the update. All seems great except photo thumbnails from the SD card seem to load and update real slow now. Anyone else having the same problem. Other than that, loving the froyo.

Man, it's killing me...nothing for me yet. And I see other Cali people got theirs. My swype stopped working so maybe i thought it updated but the verison is still 2.1 when I check it.

I checked too just in hopes we were both being listened to. Not so much. :(

Just got back from a trip to Hawaii this week. Maui (don't know if you live there) was amazing!

Maui is nice. I live on Oahu.

Just keep checking the system updates in the settings as I didn't get a popup while it was downloading the update. There was a popup asking to install though but it was already on the system update page.

Playing with the phone now. It's different but not earth shattering.

Tried going on a flash radio site that previously didn't work. It now works but it plays the music real slow.

Hope you get your update soon.

I got mine this morning. It was ready when I got up. Love all the new stuff but my battery life has been horrible today. Charging now. I did notice a lot of stuff running and I close it down and more stuff just pops right back up.

I'm in Missouri

Maui is nice. I live on Oahu.

Just keep checking the system updates in the settings as I didn't get a popup while it was downloading the update. There was a popup asking to install though but it was already on the system update page.

Playing with the phone now. It's different but not earth shattering.

Tried going on a flash radio site that previously didn't work. It now works but it plays the music real slow.

Hope you get your update soon.

Ahh, nice. Didn't make it to Oahu, but plan to next time.

Man, the biggest reason I want froyo is in hopes that my Gameday audio on MLB.com will work. With 2.1 it plays it extremely fast, so it sounds like chipmunks talking. And at this point in the season, it's offensive that MLB hasn't lowered the price of At Bat 2010 from the original $15 from when the season started.

Any developers here? Can someone convert this and send me the .APK
Code:
[COLOR=Red][B]if (phone == ON) {
[/B][/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]Action %settings
Action %about.phone
Action %system.updates
[/B][/COLOR][/INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]if ("your system is currently up to date" !isin %screen.text) {
[/B][/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]Action %alarm.sound
[/B][/COLOR][/INDENT][INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]}
[/B][/COLOR][/INDENT][COLOR=Red][B]}
[/B][/COLOR]

Got a call a few minutes ago from a number I didn't know. My buddy calling me to tell me his phone is doing the update right now. None for me though. :(

Back
Top Bottom