• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want my privacy.

Is there a thorough list of methods to protect my privacy and information on an Android phone? I hate how incredibly invasive Google can be. I don't want anything tracking my location, or my phone usage habits, my browsing, or anything else along those lines.
They don't make it easy. For example, I keep location services turned off unless I'm using Maps, so every time I turn it on, I have to agree to "Location Consent," then it asks about enhanced location services and mentions sending random data to Google, even when apps aren't being used. There's a "do not show this again" box, but if you tick it, the "disagree" option disappears. That's lame as hell!
The privacy guard in Cyanogenmod allows you to deny all apps access to location and camera. I wonder how safe it really is, considering if theres a way in, its most likely for the manufacturer or google, although I feel your concern. Nothing would make someone angrier then having the feds show up when everything is uploaded to you tube to share. It would be a very cold move for someone to spy on you with these apps, but I'm sure its for the greater good that you leave the permissions intact and respect the developer. If you want to block everything, its on you but there is such a thing as overkill.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones