• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I7500 xejc4

There is a "how to odin" sticky on this section of the fourms. Using those instructions, I can load up II5 or IH8. The only step I change is, instead of using those tar files, I downloaded from the link inFect gave, but it doesn't work. Odin won't even start the download, it gives some kind of error like "the tar file was too big size" (or something similar to it).

Any ideas how I can flash this ? Also, this is a Samsung ROM right? (I mean not something like MistyMod)

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
30Mb with how much stuff running? And what's free immediately after boot?

I'm on II5 with Galaxhero 1.5, and assuming i do a clean build and turn off all the nonsense with TasKiller, I get about 36Mb free. I'm 32Mb free now with nothing running.

I'm still getting rid of the damned thing, but if i can speed it up a touch in the intervening period to make my life a touch easier....

Upvote 0
Xenon asked the right questions.
But from this thread I realised that I would like to know what the 4 different files really do?

CSC: local + provider settings & programs (not needed for a working phone)
PDA: ?
Phone:?
Bootloader:?

Anyway for now, I will go for transferring only the PDA (coming from JB2) cause I really can't be bothered with wiping my data every week (the way things seem to be going right now...)

Upvote 0
with JC4 I notice the headphone volume goes louder. I had the phone plugged in all night but this morning I rebooted and made sure "network location" was turned on. In about an hour of being unplugged, Battery History reports 30.7% running and 14.5% screen on (I listened to music on the way to the office). Battery information reports 83% battery level. I'll try to report back where things stand at noon (Central Europe time).

I did notice Weather Bug was VERY sluggish while it struggled to figure out where I am (to me this was a symptom of the no sleep bug in the first 1.6 release). Even after I "closed" Weather Bug every 5 seconds or so the GPS icon appeared. That has since stopped, though.

Upvote 0
So far, after about 12 hours, the new fw seems quite snappier than the previous one I had (JB2). Yeah, it's a bit sluggish, but not as slow as JB2 was on my phone. I haven't noticed an insane battery drop yet, so I don't think the no sleep bug is present, at least not yet.

How did you guys do the flashing, by the way? I flashed the pda, phone and bootloader as I usually do and it seemed to do a factory reset all by itself o_O Was I supposed to flash the pda part only as was suggested here?

Upvote 0
How did you guys do the flashing, by the way? I flashed the pda, phone and bootloader as I usually do and it seemed to do a factory reset all by itself o_O Was I supposed to flash the pda part only as was suggested here?

I have done single file flashing of II5, IH8 and JB2 using the 'howto' in the sticky. But the links mentioned on this thread don't work - at least, odin gives the 'size too big error'.

So, if I need to flash the image, I need to unzip the file (using jzip , I assume?) , select pda, phone & bootloader files separately in odin and just press 'Start' ? (After plugging the phone in download mode, of course)

Is this right? :thinking:

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
I have done single file flashing of II5, IH8 and JB2 using the 'howto' in the sticky. But the links mentioned on this thread don't work - at least, odin gives the 'size too big error'.

So, if I need to flash the image, I need to unzip the file (using jzip , I assume?) , select pda, phone & bootloader files separately in odin and just press 'Start' ? (After plugging the phone in download mode, of course)

Is this right? :thinking:

-chronodekar

I've always flashed with the separate files, I don't like using the single file flashing cause I don't want to open the tar to remove any csc-related files (I'm very prone to mistakes). If I recall correctly, I did once use a single tar, but instead of using Odin's single file flash, I put the tar into the pda, phone and boot slots and it seemed to know what to do by itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones