• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Icarus vs cm 7

Icarus or cm 7?

• CM7

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Icarus

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
well i need wifi because i have wifi in house and it would not pick it up and camara i need to take pictures sometimes of important things to show people
Camera works in CM7 I know, mms dont yet. Like I said I have no issues using wifi except tethering which I dont need or really use. It nice to be able too, but really why would I need that? My laptop has its own wifi lol

Heres a question for you about your home wifi, how do you have it setup? I use Mac filtering on mine so if your MAC isnt in my router you're not getting on it lol. Some ppl turn ssid broadcast off so unwanteds cant see it. Need to make sure you network is setup so you can see it from your phone, it may not be a issue on the phone ;)

Upvote 0
Camera works in CM7 I know, mms dont yet.

I have reflashed from CM6 to CM7 a few hours ago. I also have an HTC Eris that I slapped with CM7 (for that phone). The camera DOES work for both. But with the ascend, I found it likes to freeze a tad. every time I take a pic with it, it takes forever to load the pic. All in all, I love the feel of CM7 I know in another thread I said I loved CM6. LOL. well they are both pretty good. CM7 however (even with the known bugs) is smokin fast for me right now. (just wait til I start loading it with apps) :p Still tinkerin though.

To Isaac and pip. AWESOME WORK!!!! Thank you both for EVERYTHING you have done. I know I can prolly speak for half the people here (cept the ones who gripe). PLEASE keep up the good work :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones