• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS from source

Prime85

Android Expert
How hard would it be to compile an ICS rom from source for the esteem? Also would we need a custom kernel for the drivers or did it not change much from GB to ICS?

I read that LG is releasing ICS for 4 of their phones in December I think it was. They say they are going to make it available for as many of their phones as they can next year. Let's hope they don't forget about us.

How hard would it be to compile an ICS rom from source for the esteem? Also would we need a custom kernel for the drivers or did it not change much from GB to ICS?
major changes came with ICS. I've been waiting on the CM team to get CM9 going first before I mess with it.

I've syncd the whole repo. Been messing with compiling to get the hang of it, id rather go with CM when its out but I just want to learn it inside and out to see what I can and can't do... hey playful, while you're digging in the source see if you see anything nasty in the blietooth code. There is some kind of serious bug in there. From what I can tell its the cause of the really bad lag episodes. Happened when I saw the notification toggle bitton not shuttin bluetooth off when I pressed it. When the screen turns off the cpu slows down via the governor and I think that's what makes the phone appear to be off but in fact its not.

I do .Net so I can only sort of read stuff in there to spot things.

If ICS does get ported over or made from source will it have problems like the optimus has running gingerbread?

Didnt know the Optimus has any issues running GB lol

it was something small that didnt work right, i forgot what it was.
i went back to the sense rom. it was something very small shouldnt have bothered mme but it did, maybee ill put it back on my old optimus and find out what it was. yours was the best out of all three GB roms.

today i had to switch my fiances phone back to the stock rom from the sense because avrcp didnt work with it and i bought her a new bluetooth headset on blackfriday.

strage since its a froyo rom

Back
Top Bottom