• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I'm stuck rooting

amandahbell

Lurker
Mar 27, 2012
So I am blessed with unlimited data on my plan and therefore use my as a hotspot at home. Well my thunderbolt died last week and I got the Strat as a BOGO. So, I'm trying to get thing rooted so my hubby can get back online; however, I'm stuck and can't figure out what the heck is going on. I'm in no way a developer, but I can usually figure these things out.

I'm using the directions from rootzwiki.

I get to the "You are now sporting a working insecure kernel ready for rooting!"

My phone reboots. I turn on the Debugging. Go back to the command window and type in "adb devices" and it comes back with "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

What do I do now? Is my phone supposed to be in USB mode (which turns off the debugging for some reason). Is it supposed to be in download mode?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones