• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm usually pretty good at this but...

septembersrain

句_句 Smurfing Awesome
I'm not finding definitive steps on how to get from Fl22 to Fk23 and keep everything working.

I'm seeing a guide about rooting but none detailing all the grey area and steps needed to get me to the newest Jelly Bean.

Can someone help by guiding me from stock rooted ICS to Jelly Bean with 4G speeds normal, GPS working, MMS, etc?

I don't need the toggles but perhaps others might want it. It'd be nice to add into optional steps maybe?

Thank you whoever helps me! ^^.

I'm not finding definitive steps on how to get from Fl22 to Fk23 and keep everything working.

I'm seeing a guide about rooting but none detailing all the grey area and steps needed to get me to the newest Jelly Bean.

Can someone help by guiding me from stock rooted ICS to Jelly Bean with 4G speeds normal, GPS working, MMS, etc?

I don't need the toggles but perhaps others might want it. It'd be nice to add into optional steps maybe?

Thank you whoever helps me! ^^.

Not hard here is the link to FK23 rooted
Rwilco12's Android Repository

It is a self extracting archive which extracts a one click odin install, just run it put your phone in download mode (power and volume down, then up when it warns you about the evils of downloading roms), connect via the usb cable to the pc then click the start on the odin installer, and let it do its thing. after that just do the ##3282# and enter your msl and change your mmsc settings to the ones for boost. Didn't take very long to do and I was up and playing with Jelly Bean... :D

Codegerm

Really depends on what version of FK23. I think the one codegerm is posting is a true stock rooted, there are a few others. I know when I talked to you at your Boost store you were interested in a good qaudrant score, Shadow_God's version of FK23 gave me a 5390 or something score and was themed a lil. Ill Pm you tomorrow and tell you all I know. Seems like each version has a way to flash doesnt it.

Yeah that's what got me Cerj. Each version had different steps and advised ways of doing it.

I'm thinking the stock rooted version of Fk23 is what I'll be going for. I use this phone for a live demo a lot in my store. It's the easiest way to sell it!
That's kinda why I've not really asked this question until yesterday. I wasn't sure if I wanted to modify it again only to be asked why mine looks different than theirs.....

But, I'm getting out of the loop and utterly bored of not modifying my toys.

Thanks for the steps Codegerm!

You are most welcome. :) I am quite happy with it myself. I had waited for a while on going to a Jelly Bean ROM and was happy when this one leaked.

Codegerm

downloaded the ROM (each over 20 mins lol)on two laptops Win 7 & Win 8 but windows kills it once DL'ed only running win defender on the win 8 laptop what should I disable to get the download guys? should I cut windows firewall off?

downloaded the ROM (each over 20 mins lol)on two laptops Win 7 & Win 8 but windows kills it once DL'ed only running win defender on the win 8 laptop what should I disable to get the download guys?

Kills the download or kills it when you are running it?

I click the link above hit run & it starts, after 20 mins or so it finishes but windows steps in & blocks it like windows blocked a harmful program.... just need to have a look at my security settings from the look of it

Try running it as administrator also. Is it a One click install? I did that for FK23 on win7 no problems

yep did that last time I rooted ok double check - I saved the file, opened it it installed on my laptop (I guess that's what it did cause all went well that far) I then put my phone in DL mode plugged in the charger & nothing happened odin should open right & then I click start but nothing.... gonna try to extract to my desktop... im missing a step somewhere... looks like that did it... I'm gonna write a book rooting for dummies so I can finally understand all this stuff :)

yep did that last time I rooted ok double check - I saved the file, opened it it installed on my laptop (I guess that's what it did cause all went well that far) I then put my phone in DL mode plugged in the charger & nothing happened odin should open right & then I click start but nothing.... gonna try to extract to my desktop... im missing a step somewhere... looks like that did it... I'm gonna write a book rooting for dummies so I can finally understand all this stuff :)

Ok first you run the odin installer, then you put the phone in download mode, and then you connect the usb cable between the phone and the PC in that order. then you should see a com port show up on the Odin one click installer. when it does then click start

I've been going between my nexus 7 & S2 so much I had a step confused between the two :D Thanks Codegerm I also misunderstood & took "run the file" literarily so I ran it 3 times :p Thanks for your patience guys & gals - I'm learning. btw I Really like the jelly bean update - cant wait to see it roll out.

Not hard here is the link to FK23 rooted
Rwilco12's Android Repository

It is a self extracting archive which extracts a one click odin install, just run it put your phone in download mode (power and volume down, then up when it warns you about the evils of downloading roms), connect via the usb cable to the pc then click the start on the odin installer, and let it do its thing. after that just do the ##3282# and enter your msl and change your mmsc settings to the ones for boost. Didn't take very long to do and I was up and playing with Jelly Bean... :D

Codegerm

I have been running FK23 for about 2 days now and so far no problems. I just followed your instructions and all went well. Had to do a little (fun) work to get it looking and feeling like I want, but that's the beauty of Android devices. I have since installed a themed ROM and I really am enjoying this JB release. I purchased my phone Nov. 29th and I know I have soft bricked it at least 3 times but thanks to this site I have been able to get back up and running. This is my first post on any Android forums and this is the forum where I got the best step by step info on rooting. This has been a fun experience for this senior citizen (60+ yrs old) and scary all at the same time but I must admit that I have learned a lot here. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom