• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Question on CWR

droidfan1

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2010
Say I brick my phone. I can't boot up without bootlooping. How do I get into clockworkmod recovery? (Since I can't use rom manager).

I'm assuming - fastboot by holding both volume rockers + power? Then go to options "recovery" and then that'll take me to clockworkmod recovery?

Say I brick my phone. I can't boot up without bootlooping. How do I get into clockworkmod recovery? (Since I can't use rom manager).

I'm assuming - fastboot by holding both volume rockers + power? Then go to options "recovery" and then that'll take me to clockworkmod recovery?

Yep, you got it...you'll have to power-down first, though before the simultaneious volume rockers and power press to put you into fastboot / bootloader mode.

I got a few boot loops last Friday testing the various root methods (that turned out to only work well for the GSM phones :p). Had to do some battery pulls, etc., but fastboot mode was always there.

Even if you don't have a custom recovery flashed, you can always flash it or soft-boot into it from fastboot.

An unlocked bootloader is awesome, eh? :) ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: droidfan1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones