• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Returning to stock

Hi, noob here looking for some help!

Done lots of reading up but am hoping for a little help in returning my rooted and unlocked ONE back to 100% stock.

Reason for this being I want to receive OTA updates and get rid of an annoying "unfortunately google play services has stopped" error.

I've got half an idea of what I need to do but want to be certain so I don't brick my phone :(

1) I need to get S-off?

I'm S-on hboot 1.55 so need to use rumrunner? How does this work? Do i need to re-lock & unroot beforehand?

2) Need my specific RUU file?

Currently on 3.63.161.6 but can't find an RUU to match, the closest I can get is 1.78.161.2.

I'm on Vodafone so the 161 part matches, correct CID so just an earlier android version? Is this a problem? Will it just update to the current version?

If anybody could walk me through the process or just tell me if i'm on the right track it'd be a great help :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones