• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it just me.......

tattedman

Android Enthusiast
Is it just me or are alot of people jumping ship on this phone? It seems that everyday there is at least one person paying respects to this phone and leaving it for something bigger and better?

Yes I know I jumped ship as well but I did it for a problem with the carrier (its somewhere in one of my posts)..... If I didn't (was forced to) jump the verizon ship.... I don't think I would have abandoned the ally like a $2 hooker for a better phone (well for at least 2 years)...... but thats IMO

This is one of the best phones Iv ever had..... sure at first me an it would have our arguments.... she would freeze, run slow and throw its force close tantrums blaming it all on me..... and I would pull out my fix all tool (a sledge hammer) and threaten to put it out of its misery...... but I didn't have the heart....... so I reset it and it worked fine (for awhile).

But them the like came and I learned all I needed to root it..... Then after thinking of why I shouldn't I got up the courage to root it and you know what I never once regretted it.....

Is it just me or are alot of people jumping ship on this phone? It seems that everyday there is at least one person paying respects to this phone and leaving it for something bigger and better?

Yes I know I jumped ship as well but I did it for a problem with the carrier (its somewhere in one of my posts)..... If I didn't (was forced to) jump the verizon ship.... I don't think I would have abandoned the ally like a $2 hooker for a better phone (well for at least 2 years)...... but thats IMO

This is one of the best phones Iv ever had..... sure at first me an it would have our arguments.... she would freeze, run slow and throw its force close tantrums blaming it all on me..... and I would pull out my fix all tool (a sledge hammer) and threaten to put it out of its misery...... but I didn't have the heart....... so I reset it and it worked fine (for awhile).

But them the like came and I learned all I needed to root it..... Then after thinking of why I shouldn't I got up the courage to root it and you know what I never once regretted it.....

Well first off thanks because that second piece gave me a good laugh. And ive noticed it too, seemed there was a little boom in people getting new ones and not even for the upgrade. Ive been extremely happy with this phone but given the opportunity you better believe im dippin on you guys! I mean all the tweaking in the world wont give us the gaming and multitasking abilities these other phones got. But ill most likely get a new one when i break mine, until then i couldnt imagine wanting one that bad unless ive got a few hundreds bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm gonna keep it. Get my Xoom wifi and tether it to this thing. It's great for what i do with it. What i can't do i'll Xoom!

guess i'm another one jumping ship. just got a droid x off ebay and can't wait for it to get here.

don't get me wrong, i love my ally; but there are also times when i've hated it to. it just doesn't have the power or memory to compete with it's big brothers. it's still the best smartphone i've ever owned, but my dx hasn't gotten here yet either.

allys keyboard is jesus. plus i won't be buying a new phone for a very long time. i had the voyager for 3 years cuz of its keyboard and once i get used to a phone i will use it till it becomes obsolete. but yes its sad to see people go (even tho im new)

No flash on Ally and you can't play some games but still a good solid phone.
LG is still releasing new phones with a "3.2-inch touchscreen, 600MHz processor, Android 2.2 (Froyo), and a 3.2 MP camera." see LG Thrive and LG Phoenix bring the Optimus One to AT&T | Android Central
Ally will be a good little solid phone for some time to come and I'm planning on keeping mine for at least another year, though I may supplement it with a tablet. Most phone screens are still to small and battery life to short to enjoy watching a movie on or playing many games anyway.

At best I think the Ally is an entry level beginners phone for Android. A good one though. When my upgrade comes around in a year or so I know I'll jump ship as well.

The Ally is a good way to get your toes wet. However, I am now reaching the point where I desire more from my smartphone. More memory, more processing power, more speed, Flash, etc. All the little quirks and shortfalls are starting to bug me more and more.

The two things that keep me with on the Ally are 1) I'm laid off and can't justify spending $$ 2) I do really like the Ally's keyboard.

I was forced to give up my ally cause of some life stuff going on at the time. Had to switch to AT&T and chose the HTC Inspire 4g. Having experienced a high end android phone its amazing. I agree ally is a great phone to get a new users feet wet. The ally taught me pretty much everything i know anout android and my love of linux. :p Although i dont post on the forums much i still help out on irc so i haven't left the ally community. :p

Back
Top Bottom