• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it okay to restore apps and data?

Terabethia

Android Expert
Jun 21, 2010
Northern Virginia
I just flashed the lastest Nightly from CyanogenMod to my phone and so far, so good. Got myself a fancy new kernal, too :D

I did a full "apps and data" backup before I wiped/flashed. I am now wondering if it is okay to do a store of both the apps and data, or if I should just do apps. I am coming from Virtuous ROM.

I don't care about most of the data, but I would like to have it for at least a few of my apps, namely folder organizer (I dread the idea of setting that up again!), my "notes" app and I have a weight/fitness tracker with two years of data on it.

I guess I could always try and see and if it screws up, wipe again and reinstall. But hopefully you guys can just tell me if it's okay before I waste the time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones