• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is it possible? Windows phone os

james391

Hi guys, I am wondering if it is possible to have mango( or other version) of windows mobile os on the optimis v.
I am just curious, has it been done before and how does it feel. I know you can go windows to android but can you go android to win?
Seems like a fun idea,
Thanks

i dont veiw it as cgeating on android, but instead, how far can we push the optimus v, and accomplish all of its potential. its finding out what our phones can, and cannot do. im also interested in multi boot, but bot into several roms, or versions of android, but instead different OS's all together.But to answer the main question here, it seems that we may not be able to run any wp7 os's, due strictly to hardware specs. the minimal speed to run wp7 os, is 1ghz, or at least that is whats requested. we may be able to run windows 6.5, but i wouldnt want that on my phone. and im basing this strictly on hardware capabillities. who knows, maybe someday sokeone will manage to run a wp7 os on the OpV.

You might be interested in the multi boot recovery that Bigsupersquid and I have been playing with. I'll post links later, when I can get to my laptop.

yea, i just discovered that thread, i am very interested, and might switch recoveries so i can multi boot into both frozen yogurt, and gingerbread.

I can understand pushing your phone as far as it can go, but putting W7P(M) on it is like putting a set of fuzzy dice on a Bentley's rear view mirror, it's just wrong. ;)

I'm not against Windows, I have been a Window's OS beta tester for over a decade now. But putting a bunch of boxes on the screen and calling it a good interface is almost an insult to our collective intellligence. It's like they took iOS and made all the buttons large enough to touch each other, then said "It looks different enough so Apple can't sue us" and then left it alone. Zero design effort IMHO.

I can understand pushing your phone as far as it can go, but putting W7P(M) on it is like putting a set of fuzzy dice on a Bentley's rear view mirror, it's just wrong. ;)

I'm not against Windows, I have been a Window's OS beta tester for over a decade now. But putting a bunch of boxes on the screen and calling it a good interface is almost an insult to our collective intellligence. It's like they took iOS and made all the buttons large enough to touch each other, then said "It looks different enough so Apple can't sue us" and then left it alone. Zero design effort IMHO.

Actually, Windows Phone is built more around usability than anything else. Microsoft spent a lot of money seeing how to create the most efficient user interface for the phone.

If you've watched any videos on Windows 8 (the next Windows version that has a start menu that resembles the phone), you'll see that the "metro" interface, as they call it, is designed to guide users to what they want - no gradients, fancy icons, just tiles. In some ways, it's a great idea. Seeing a windows phone in person really makes it shine - it looks terrible in pictures.

Granted ICS has tried to follow in this by getting rid of all the green gradients and gaudy icons and go for a cleaner, refined look (ICS in my opinion did a great job - I still prefer it over WP7 - it has way more fit and finish). Every new version of an OS has some kinks to work out - look at Android 1.0 and how much it's developed over the past years.

That's my two cents, anyways. I'd still never want to put Windows Phone on my android, just because the phone wasn't made for that kind of OS.

Back
Top Bottom