• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Issue with SD card mounting using MTDEV CM9

I updated to the latest MTDEV CM9 doing a full wipe twice before loading and now my SD card won't mount on this ROM or thru CWM now :(.If it's the phone how can I go back to stock to send it in seeing I can't use the SD card now.

Do you have another SDcard? If not, you could work through download mode. If you don't know what you are doing I would suggest letting us (the community) know and we can walk you through it. That's if you just want to send it in...
If you just want to try to resolve what might be a corrupt SDcard, try to format it in Windows. I've heard that the phone will format the card wrong (can someone confirm) and I'm not sure it Linux will do it right either.

Upvote 0
Do you have another SDcard? If not, you could work through download mode. If you don't know what you are doing I would suggest letting us (the community) know and we can walk you through it. That's if you just want to send it in...
If you just want to try to resolve what might be a corrupt SDcard, try to format it in Windows. I've heard that the phone will format the card wrong (can someone confirm) and I'm not sure it Linux will do it right either.

Used multiple SD cards in the phone but none can be read by the phone.they all work on my computer but the triumph keeps saying insert SD card :-(

Upvote 0
Can't use USB part on cwm to put it back to stock :/ using cwm 5.0.2.6

So the USB port is dead too? If so, I don't know how to help you. If not, then you should be able to boot into download mode (both volume buttons then the power button) and replace the recovery.img, splash.img and the boot.img. As for the ROM, you would have to be on Linux to mount the other partitions and force feed it the stock ROM.

From what others have posted, I wouldn't worry about it. It seems that VM doesn't even care. I think they flush the whole nand space and reload.

Upvote 0
So the USB port is dead too? If so, I don't know how to help you. If not, then you should be able to boot into download mode (both volume buttons then the power button) and replace the recovery.img, splash.img and the boot.img. As for the ROM, you would have to be on Linux to mount the other partitions and force feed it the stock ROM.

From what others have posted, I wouldn't worry about it. It seems that VM doesn't even care. I think they flush the whole nand space and reload.

The USB port work's I just can't flash a rom thru cwm using the USB port.and I'm on windows xp

Upvote 0
The USB port work's I just can't flash a rom thru cwm using the USB port.and I'm on windows xp

You could alway run a live CD of Ubuntu. There may be a way to do it through Windows, although I don't know it. And you could run ADB through some versions of CWR. I think the one by BSydz has ADB running. Could also check b_randon14's. I know ADB comes with the Android SDK, although I'm sure you could get away with much less.Let us know, I'll see if I can holla at this one dude who helped me mess around for someone else.

Upvote 0
I don't want to support the idea of dealing with partitions directly. This is because it could make your phone become totally useless to the point you will void the last warranty you could possibly have. I suggest, you just wipe the system folder from CWM and return it as it doesn't boot anymore reason to get a replacement. Also, don't forget to replace back the original stock recovery.img.

If you are not satisfied with doing that and if you have knowledge of Linux for some reason, then read these thread. Please don't hold me responsible for anything happened to your phone by doing these things.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/527058-triumph-experiment-thread-caution-2.html#post4252919

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/565568-guide-triumph-backup-restore-ddrescue.html

Upvote 0
And they didn't give u crap? That's good :)

I returned 6 rooted and ROM'd Triumphs, told tech support the first time and was told that the first thing they do is look it over for obvious hardware issues and then flash the phone to both get rid of customers data and return the phone to a known state for further troubleshooting. So, no they don't care. :p

Upvote 0
I recently experienced a similar problem on my Triumph with the 10-28 build. I backed up some data to the phones internal storage and then wiped the SD card. When the format was finished the card wouldn't mount. If you would insert the card, it would try to mount it then stop and say the card was safe to remove. Did this a couple of times. Tried to format with CWM with the same results. CWM would mount the SD card though and appear to format it. I tried to re-partition with CWM and the card started showing up damaged. Wouldn't mount or format anymore in the Triumph. I tried with my Optimus V, formated correctly the first try and the Triumph started mounting it properly again. Now using it like nothing ever happened. I can tell you that ICS doesn't like the internal storage to even look close to full though, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones