• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with Today's OTA - consolidated for tracking

I got the OTA notification and...

• I got the OTA and have no issues

Votes: 136 82.4%
  • I got notified to run the OTA but it wouldn't install (Issue 1)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I got the OTA and am having Flash Lite problems (Issue 2)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • I got the OTA and am now having problems with battery/signal/mobile network (Issue 3)

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I got the OTA and my problem is not listed here

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
Am I to understand that many people here who installed the update did not have their phone reset itself automatically? Mine did, in several stages. $29 plan, btw. Battery life has improved today, but it may be pure coincidence.
You should have had a reboot after accepting the OTA, and then a few minutes (max) of installation. I can't remember if this one involved another reboot after that. It never hurts to do a manual reboot on your own as well, as some people have discovered.

Upvote 0
What exactly does going *228 do? Is this a reset where it will also mess with my aps or settings?
Depending on the option you choose, it'll update various network settings in your phone. The most common use is to update your roaming profile (I think it's option 2, although I just dial *22899, which does everything automatically). It will NOT change any apps or settings.

Reactions: DroidRocker
Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed since the update today, is that when I get a text message, I normally just click on messages on the home screen to read an reply to them.

However, after today's update, it seems like the notification on the top of the screen does not clear. It still stays there and the green LED continues to blink.

Anyone else having this problem?

Upvote 0
Exchange sync is fully supported under both VZW $45 and $29 plans, so I would expect everyone to get a fix for that feature set on the Inc.

Late last year when the Droid was released, there was some incorrect information posted on some sites on exchange active sync support and VZW accounts that made it seem like activesync required the $45 plan, but that is incorrect, and was verified by a Verizon spokesperson. The $45 plan is only required for corporate-sourced phones, i.e., your company gives you the phone, rather than you getting it from a VZW store yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones