• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I've got Root! - Now what?!

jlowlyfe

Jan 23, 2010
im rooted to 2.1 thats as far as i got i cant do anything else for some rease i got the terminal emulator to use but none of it works i dont understand how to get custom roms i downloaded like 30 diff. zip files and any other files and transfered them to my sdcard file on my phone but nothing happens WTF someone help

I have now moved this thread into the rooting sub-forum. There are several threads in here with guides to rooting your phone and installing custom ROMs. If you could explain exactly what problems you are experiencing, I am sure someone here will help.

As a note to the other users, if you don't want to post something helpful, don't post at all

Upvote 0
If you are confused about how to install ROMs, then you most likely do not have 2.1. There is a difference between having 2.1 and simply being rooted.

Next... there is a LOT you are missing. you don't just simply put ZIP files on your card and have them work like magic. You need a custom recovery image, then you need a nandroid folder, then you need to unzip the file and place the various files inside in their respective locations, then you need to go into nandroid and wipe system, data, cache, then you need to install. See how much you are missing?

I would suggest that before you do anything horribly bad to your phone, you take a peek at the sticky at the top of this subforum and do a LOT of reading.

Bricked phones make me a saaaaaaaad panda.

Upvote 0
If you are confused about how to install ROMs, then you most likely do not have 2.1. There is a difference between having 2.1 and simply being rooted.

Next... there is a LOT you are missing. you don't just simply put ZIP files on your card and have them work like magic. You need a custom recovery image, then you need a nandroid folder, then you need to unzip the file and place the various files inside in their respective locations, then you need to go into nandroid and wipe system, data, cache, then you need to install. See how much you are missing?

I would suggest that before you do anything horribly bad to your phone, you take a peek at the sticky at the top of this subforum and do a LOT of reading.

Bricked phones make me a saaaaaaaad panda.

+1

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones