• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean discussion/issues thread (released Dec. 13)

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that HTC gave me the stock response, "Wipe your chache," as the "fix" to the proximity sensor and issues with Swype while entering text in text fields on websites. I could have gotten that stock response from a clueless Sprint CSR. I tried HTC because I thought they might be give a more informed response.

I did email them and told them that I had done a factory reset and I wiped the chache as they suggested and that I still have all the same issues. Gee, that was a big surprise...

Anyway, I suggested that they bring these issues to their developers so that they can look at the code to fix it and to send us an OTA update to fix these issues.

I haven't gotten a response to that yet.

OK, so I got a very disappointing response from HTC. They told me to try a factory reset. Sigh....

I sent them a reply that I have tried (and this is no joke) three factory resets since the update and my proximity sensor and Swype are still buggy.

Again, I suggested that they bring these issues to their developers so that the developers can fix their code and have Sprint send an OTA update with the fixes.

I hope others here are complaining on the HTC website too. If enough people complain they might take action. I do have to say that it's discouraging to get suggestions from HTC that are stock generic "fixes" for newbies who don't know Android that I could have gotten from a clueless Sprint CSR.

I was hoping HTC would be more responsive and take my complaint seriously. I guess I was mistaken in hoping...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?
Edit: figured out it was because I didn't disable autoretreive MMS in stock.
Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Try a prl/profile update to see if that helps clear up any network issues that may cause it

Reactions: CyreneK
Upvote 0
I have to say I'm pretty dissappointed with this update. My friend just got this phone and they hadn't upraded it to jellybean. I told him to wait.

My phone constantly gets laggy...I'll be doing a reboot after I type this post to fix it. My proximity sensor doesn't work correctly.

My voicemail has a glitch also. When I play a vm the screen goes black and I can't do anything until the message completely plays through.

My Bluetooth has basically quit working. My g37 as well as my tablet do not recognize the phone anymore.

It'll be a nice update once these issues are corrected..but for now I'm not too happy

Upvote 0
Hmm :thinking: I stand corrected then. Maybe toggle it on and off and see if that helps.

Something is calling on your GPS. GPS use gets attributed to the map app in jellybean. You should use an app like gsam battery monitor or betterbatterystats to find out what is calling on GPS.

Can you post your battery graph screen?

Upvote 0
Hmm :thinking: I stand corrected then. Maybe toggle it on and off and see if that helps.

Something is calling on your GPS. GPS use gets attributed to the map app in jellybean. You should use an app like gsam battery monitor or betterbatterystats to find out what is calling on GPS.

Thanks for the tip.According to GSAM maps is only using 2.2%. I am sure when I get motivated, I will do a factory reset and see how things look. Otherwise I haven't noticed any other glaring issues. My phone radio takes up the most according to GSAM. I am not in the best Sprint area and generally only pull 2-3 bars at home.

I have dropped 2% since I posted this and all I did was send 3-4 messages. Still think something is up with my battery

Upvote 0
I have to say I'm pretty dissappointed with this update. My friend just got this phone and they hadn't upraded it to jellybean. I told him to wait.

My phone constantly gets laggy...I'll be doing a reboot after I type this post to fix it. My proximity sensor doesn't work correctly.

My voicemail has a glitch also. When I play a vm the screen goes black and I can't do anything until the message completely plays through.

My Bluetooth has basically quit working. My g37 as well as my tablet do not recognize the phone anymore.

It'll be a nice update once these issues are corrected..but for now I'm not too happy
I bought the phone new 6 days ago. I put Jelly Bean on before I did anything else. It works 100% fine now. Glitch with calender duplicating dates is gone now. Everything works. I've turned off battery saver. The battery saver is crap, I think. Battery life is very good without it, better than with it by far (so far).

Upvote 0

It's nothing to do with google. I had changed those setting already and did two factory restores. Took it into a sprint store and the repair guy was dumbfounded and found out that it was a known problem. I am getting a replacement evo because my wifi doesnt work at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones