• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean Released - 2013.04.17

I have no information about maintaining or gaining root. The soak test was only for un-root-ed Bionics. In the agreement you sign you validated that either you were never root-ed or that you had been root-ed and are now un-root-ed......

Oops, I knew I forgot to do something! :o

I can't get the multimedia dock to work... I get the message "Unfortunately, Desk Dock has stopped". Any ideas?

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after doing the upgrade. As I reported I cleared the cache before and after and had a problem that was resolve only after I did a Factory Data Reset.

I'm not sure it will correct your problem.

... Thom

I was trying to avoid the factory reset, but just did it. Took care of the issue! I like the new dock program setup much better than ICS. Thanks for the recommendation. Now I've gotta re-setup my phone. Still, that can be fun too (if not time-consuming)!

I can't get the multimedia dock to work... I get the message "Unfortunately, Desk Dock has stopped". Any ideas?

Not that this helps you now, but uninstalling the updates for google play music should solve this problem. I posted the solution in another thread. It was also an issue on the RAZRs. Of course, the FDR solves the problem as well.

Before I bite the bullet and do a factory reset - does anyone know if my live wallpaper from ICS will still be available? Is it a file I can save on my SD card?
Will Flash still work?
I haven't had to do a reset in a LONG time - terrified I'll lose something or forget a password or two.

LWP - what is the live wallpaper that you are concerned about ... standard system lwp or an add-in?

Flash - tell me a specific file to attempt to view and I will verify it for you.

forgetting - yes you might. Consider this ... this time you will write them down in a safe place not on your hone so the next time you won't forget them.

... Thom

LWP - what is the live wallpaper that you are concerned about ... standard system lwp or an add-in?

Flash - tell me a specific file to attempt to view and I will verify it for you.

forgetting - yes you might. Consider this ... this time you will write them down in a safe place not on your hone so the next time you won't forget them.

... Thom

Thanks Thom.
Live wallpaper was still where and what I wanted - all set.
Flash Player - Adobe 11 - won't let me install - but not sure I'll need it - though I did on my JB tablet.
Was able to use some of the backups I had for restoring contacts, SMS messages, etc.
I had taken screen shots of each of the 5 pages on my Bionic, and that really helped me re-create my pre-FDR setup.
I am an unabashed tweaker, so buying a new phone or doing a reset is never too pleasant, though I'm sure my Bionic will function a lot better now.
The new bedside dock setting is so much better than past versions!! It senses ambient light and adjusts and I swear it reacted to movement.
Thanks for your advice on this and many past issues.

Great.

Here's another idea. From what we have seen a Factory Data Reset will be needed for each major upgrade by just about all of us (there are a few who won't). Be prepared for it.

There was junk I bet you discarded and some things you re-tweaked as you wore doing the installations.

If your phone is ever lost or stolen how will you recreate your environment on a replacement?

I am still installing after my Factory Data Reset and have a ways to go. I'm doing some much overdue cleaning as I go.

... Thom

I may be wrong but Ithink I have improved battery life. I have been running Jelly Bean for a few days now. And I did do a FDR right after I loaded it.

I think we have to give it some time. There was an awful lot of activity recovering after the Factory Data Reset that is "not typical" for me. The battery died faster. When things "get back to normal" I bet it improves greatly.

... Thom

My extended battery has run hot and drained quickly, so I hope that now that I have done the FDR and repopulated all my apps, it will return to lasting all day.

I think we have to give it some time. There was an awful lot of activity recovering after the Factory Data Reset that is "not typical" for me. The battery died faster. When things "get back to normal" I bet it improves greatly.

... Thom

I think I'm a couple days ahead of you Thom with the JB install. Just started realizing the extra battery life today.

Got the OTA Thursday morning, downloaded it, but I can't install it. It keeps failing? I have system version 6.7.246.WT875.Verizon.en.US. Android version 4.0.4. I did about a week ago update the play store? Any ideas?

I received the update yesterday morning and proceeded to perform an FDR and manually re-installed what apps Google didn't see fit to install for me.

So far it is all super slick and I like it. New phone all over again!
I spent the afternoon having fun with my wife drinking Patron Silver and setting up my phone. (adult geek here)

I love having Google Now on my phone that is really cool. I loved it on my old Nexus 7, but didn't see it's usefulness on THAT machine. You really need a phone and a data plan to enjoy that feature IMO.

Over the course of the next couple/few days I'll be able to start actually using my apps to see how things are really working so I'll post a follow up then.

I'm unrooted. I run the update and in about 30 seconds it turns the android icon on its back and has a red triangle, stops then boots back up saying update failed. I tried this at least 5 times. Is there any steps I need to be doing before installing the update?

You need to be at 6.7.246 to get the JB update.

I ASSUME you need to flash to 6.7.246. OutOfPhase is the expert on that process.

... Thom

Thanks. Just pushed the ICS OTA, not sure which version it is though.
Having issues connecting to data so hoping to fix that first before trying JB.

Back
Top Bottom