• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just rooted my phone with icarus mod and now the time on my phone is off.

it has been 36 hrs and no change. i think i might just have to change the timezone (the phone is exactly 4 hrs fast). I live in the eastern time zone and right now it shows my timezone as gmt+00:00, but i go into the setting and the time zone is blacked out. Going through the menu i see alot of options are blacked out. Is that normal? if the official 2.2 does come out i might just restore from the backup i made and do that.

Upvote 0
it has been 36 hrs and no change. i think i might just have to change the timezone (the phone is exactly 4 hrs fast). I live in the eastern time zone and right now it shows my timezone as gmt+00:00, but i go into the setting and the time zone is blacked out. Going through the menu i see alot of options are blacked out. Is that normal? if the official 2.2 does come out i might just restore from the backup i made and do that.

I wish I could help you more. My time was wrong when I installed Icarus and it corrected itself. Has the phone been turned off and turned back on since you installed Icarus? If not try turning it off over night and turning it back on the next morning?

Upvote 0
tonight i rooted my phone over to icaurus and now the time on my phone is incorrect. i went into the setting and it wont let me set it manualy or change the time zone. has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you fix it.

Had this problem for 3 days.. Finally figured it out.. Put the phone into airplane mode, you should now be able to uncheck automatic settings. I unchecked automatic settings, changed to correct time zone, rechecked automatic settings, took out of airplane mode.. Wallah! And to think I was about 5 minutes away from going back to stock lol..

Upvote 0
Had this problem for 3 days.. Finally figured it out.. Put the phone into airplane mode, you should now be able to uncheck automatic settings. I unchecked automatic settings, changed to correct time zone, rechecked automatic settings, took out of airplane mode.. Wallah! And to think I was about 5 minutes away from going back to stock lol..

I have this problem literally every time I flash. Icarus, CM6 & 7

Now as a rule when I flash I leave it in airplane mode while i restore all my apps...as soon as thats done I switch it back on and everythings right as rain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones