• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][AOSP&SENSE] - Superior Battery Charging. +4.18V off the charger!

It trickle charges the battery... So in theory it will get rid of that 10% drop in battery when you pull it from the charger after 100%. I have not used it, but Im thinking about giving the AOSP one a shot... it looks promising!

My phone completely locked up on me....Had to restore a nandroid backup. I tried the 4.2.2. cfs no-havs build.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if this is limited with the camera megapixels?

It was my understanding that it was based off f Netarchy's 4.2.1 Universal More Aggressive Kernel. Aside from the trickle charge mod, it will do and act exactly like that kernel. So basically if that kernel limits cam megapixel size then it will be limited with 131 or 132. You would have to find the thread on nets kernels or go to the site and see what the limitations of the kernel are.

Upvote 0
It was my understanding that it was based off f Netarchy's 4.2.1 Universal More Aggressive Kernel. Aside from the trickle charge mod, it will do and act exactly like that kernel. So basically if that kernel limits cam megapixel size then it will be limited with 131 or 132. You would have to find the thread on nets kernels or go to the site and see what the limitations of the kernel are.

[KERNEL][AOSP&SENSE] - Superior Battery Charging. +4.18V off the charger! - xda-developers

Look under kernel builds.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ronco4275
Upvote 0
Haha, I agree! It was hit or miss for everyone. A lot of mixed feelings about everything it seemed.

I'm probably going to have to go to a safer kernel for the weekend, then. I will be snapping a lot pictures during the holidays and I don't want to give up my 8mp camera to try a new kernel. That is, unless someone can give me a definitive answer on the camera issue. I will check back tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I'm probably going to have to go to a safer kernel for the weekend, then. I will be snapping a lot pictures during the holidays and I don't want to give up my 8mp camera to try a new kernel. That is, unless someone can give me a definitive answer on the camera issue. I will check back tomorrow.

I will defiantly agree with you on the confusing thread.. But keep thing in mind. His changes are in addition to the actual kernel. For instance the CM kernel and the Netarchy 4.2.2 kernels are as is besides the change to how it charges. For simplicity; their have been no changes to what the kernel does besides charging.

Upvote 0
I will defiantly agree with you on the confusing thread.. But keep thing in mind. His changes are in addition to the actual kernel. For instance the CM kernel and the Netarchy 4.2.2 kernels are as is besides the change to how it charges. For simplicity; their have been no changes to what the kernel does besides charging.

Right. I was trying to find the answer in the Netarchy thread. I just may be overlooking it but I didn't see a clear answer.

Upvote 0
This guy needs a new job and major donations. Every kernel maker dev for the Evo has came out with release after release.....after release and this guy comes along and totally changes the life of the EVO. This kernel is simply AMAZING!!

I agree. I've tried dozens of kernels, and I usually stick with the Netarchy ones. With lots of tweaks and mods, I've been able to squeeze a little bit more battery life here and there. Even with the tricks listed in this forum, 100% drops to 99% in a couple minutes. However, with this kernel, my battery life has made a huge jump.

Upvote 0
This kernel is unbelievable. I can not believe how well it has been working for me the last few days. Im putting this on all of my friends evos...hell yeah.
Heres some proofs!

ONE HOUR off the charger, a few texts and still at 100 percent!!
5283945785_0a6af3d45b_b.jpg

Went to sleep and woke up to 94 percent!!!!
5283945951_cc288b035b_b.jpg

Hour and a half and some more texts and average use: one percent drop lol
5284543812_b64a5274a9_b.jpg

Some heave use, texts, yahoo messenger, browsing, etc. But it dropped a little more. STILL... Great battery life.
5284543954_8dc8270e69_b.jpg

This was just yesterday.. Today i was all over that 4G, making phone calls, texting all day, and i think it was even better. Im only charging it tonight because i have a big day tomorrow lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones