• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] [FROYO] fOCkv1.1.2

Thanks mantera, its cool you made the new drivers optional..I know a lot of people were having problems playing games with them

Is it possible to use these graphics drivers with the MIUI version of the OC Kernel? If so, that would be nothing less than amazing. If not, however, I may be switching back to Froyo/this kernel.

Really??? It worked fine for me I put it into the Rom zip before I flashed works great videos are a lot smoother :)

How do you put it into the zip? Just copy the files inside the zip into the rom zip? Does that work for other zips like the update zip for Minimal Triumph and the kernel zip?

Is it possible to use these graphics drivers with the MIUI version of the OC Kernel? If so, that would be nothing less than amazing. If not, however, I may be switching back to Froyo/this kernel.

No, not at this time with mOCk kernel. You can try them with Austrie's SD kernel. But I can't vouch if that would work or not.

How do you put it into the zip? Just copy the files inside the zip into the rom zip? Does that work for other zips like the update zip for Minimal Triumph and the kernel zip?

I assume that he just copied the files from the egl-froyo.zip file into his ROM's zip file and replaced the same files in there, if I'm reading what Mobster wrote correctly. And if you're doing that, you could also replace the boot.img file in the ROM zip with the fOCk boot.img file as well so you only need to flash one Zip file.

Otherwise, you should be able to just flash the egl-froyo.zip file separately and it "should" do the same thing by replacing the existing files with the new ones in the zip file.

The new drivers didn't work for me, it made my entire screen black after the boot logo. Good thing I did a nandroid backup right before flashing them.

They didn't work for me either. Tried wiping data/cache/system and installing zips in this order before rebooting: Min Triumph v1.0, Min Triumph v1.0.5 update, fOCk kernel, agl_froyo. Still black screened.

I assume that he just copied the files from the egl-froyo.zip file into his ROM's zip file and replaced the same files in there, if I'm reading what Mobster wrote correctly. And if you're doing that, you could also replace the boot.img file in the ROM zip with the fOCk boot.img file as well so you only need to flash one Zip file.

Should I copy ALL of the files from the EGL zip or just the system folder?

Would it be possible for some one to just upload the minimal triumph rom with the new drivers and kernel?

I'm running this on Minimal Triumph v1.0.5 w/o egl...

I switched from TG Reloaded due to proximity sensor not working during calls and a few other bugs. However, running this kernel, the proximity not working during calls problem is happening again. I flashed back to bKernel-0.24-EXT3-DEV and the issue went away. It seems something in theOC is causing the problem for both versions of the kernel...

They didn't work for me either. Tried wiping data/cache/system and installing zips in this order before rebooting: Min Triumph v1.0, Min Triumph v1.0.5 update, fOCk kernel, agl_froyo. Still black screened.

Same with me flashed drivers and got a black screen

Good work mantera! I've been trying to get my kernel updated with yours and whyzors but I haven't had the time and kept running into issues!

@ mobster and Ziggy I would use this kernel in your all's Roms! I may eventually get around to updating my kernel but it is going to be some time!

Hey mantera, it seems any app that tries to pull the gpu information will force close. Quadrant pulls the information on startup so it imediay closes. With antutu when I click to pull up the device info it closes and android system info closes when trying to go to the system information tab where it would display gpu information.

But I was able to flash the gourmet drivers just fine on my modded froyo based rom. I don't know if there is much you can do about the drivers though since you probably don't have the source for them!

Hey mantera, it seems any app that tries to pull the gpu information will force close. Quadrant pulls the information on startup so it imediay closes. With antutu when I click to pull up the device info it closes and android system info closes when trying to go to the system information tab where it would display gpu information.

But I was able to flash the gourmet drivers just fine on my modded froyo based rom. I don't know if there is much you can do about the drivers though since you probably don't have the source for them!

yeah, unfortunately, not much I can do about the egl drivers since we don't have any source code. It seems to be hit or miss on different phones. Some work great and others get the black screen on boot. Seems like there's some hardware differences amongst all of the MT phones out there.

I'm running this on Minimal Triumph v1.0.5 w/o egl...

I switched from TG Reloaded due to proximity sensor not working during calls and a few other bugs. However, running this kernel, the proximity not working during calls problem is happening again. I flashed back to bKernel-0.24-EXT3-DEV and the issue went away. It seems something in theOC is causing the problem for both versions of the kernel...

I haven't touched the proximity sensor code and I don't think neither has Whyzor. The last time that code was touched I think was by TG way back when. I'm probably not going to mess with it at this time due to time constraints though.

I haven't touched the proximity sensor code and I don't think neither has Whyzor. The last time that code was touched I think was by TG way back when. I'm probably not going to mess with it at this time due to time constraints though.

I'm gonna go back to cm7 and see if i can figure out which kernel update broke it. If only to satisfy my curiosity...

Whyzor's kernel change "Removed some BKLs in input processing" in his 02-08 seems to have broken proximity during calls. Don't know if that can be reverted in this kernel or not. I asked Whyzor if he could revert it for the next build of TG Reloaded...

Whyzor's kernel change "Removed some BKLs in input processing" in his 02-08 seems to have broken proximity during calls. Don't know if that can be reverted in this kernel or not. I asked Whyzor if he could revert it for the next build of TG Reloaded...

My proximity sensor works fine on this and CM7. It seems you're the only one having this problem from all the post you've made.

My proximity sensor works fine on this and CM7. It seems you're the only one having this problem from all the post you've made.

You could be right, but I've had the same problem on two different phones so I figured it would be happening to others. Maybe its my face...

Can you describe in a little more detail what you mean by the proximity being broken during calls just so that I have a better understanding of the issue?

Yes. During a call, after the screen has shut off because it's against my face, when I take the phone away from my face, the screen does not come back on unless I press the power button. It's not delayed, it just doesn't come back on. It works normally consistently on the kernel that I mentioned earlier.

Yes. During a call, after the screen has shut off because it's against my face, when I take the phone away from my face, the screen does not come back on unless I press the power button. It's not delayed, it just doesn't come back on. It works normally consistently on the kernel that I mentioned earlier.

I think I see the commit that may have broke it. I reverted it. I posted a new theOC kernel v1.7.20 in the theOC thread for cm7 if you want to try it out. Let me know in that thread if that works better.

Back
Top Bottom