• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] [FROYO] fOCkv1.1.2

yeah, unfortunately, not much I can do about the egl drivers since we don't have any source code. It seems to be hit or miss on different phones. Some work great and others get the black screen on boot. Seems like there's some hardware differences amongst all of the MT phones out there.

Yeah for right now I am just using the updated adreno 205 drivers I have in my ROM. On nenamark 2 I am down about 3 points from on my bKernel, but the kernel its self runs great. But with the different gpu drivers you posted I have had quite a few apps just close on me(quadrant, android system info, antutu benchmark, and draw something to name a few) so I switched back. Glad to see someone else making a froyo kernel because mine is way outdated lol! And I can't find the time to get mine updated lol! It needs alot of work.

Good job though mantera!

changelog:
fOCkv1.1.2.zip
-reverted wakelock held by bt and wifi -should not be needed on froyo roms
-reverted 2 sensor wakelock commit to attempt to fix lockscreen during call issue

Hopefully, this didn't break anything. I used this most of the day and it seems to be ok. With wifi set to "sleep when screen is off" the phone now goes into deep sleep properly and when BT is enabled, the phone now deep sleeps properly again as it should on the froyo roms.

I just flashed fOCk and then egl, triumph went dark after minimal triumph's logo. Restored my CWM backup I did just before and am back in. Everything seemed fine. Tried it with just the kernel and it boots.
fOCk 1.1.2

I just flashed fOCk and then egl, triumph went dark after minimal triumph's logo. Restored my CWM backup I did just before and am back in. Everything seemed fine. Tried it with just the kernel and it boots.
fOCk 1.1.2

Yeah, the egl drivers doesn't seem to work right in froyo. I removed it from the OP to save people from the hassle of thinking it may work for them.

Hey mantera would it be possible to patch up to a higher kernel version such as 2.6.35.x from 2.6.32.x now that you found out how to make it force load modules with different kernel versions?

I'm going to okay around a bit with my kernel source and see if u can't patch it up to 2.6.35.x

Hey mantera would it be possible to patch up to a higher kernel version such as 2.6.35.x from 2.6.32.x now that you found out how to make it force load modules with different kernel versions?

I'm going to okay around a bit with my kernel source and see if u can't patch it up to 2.6.35.x

I have found in order to patch up from 2.6.32.x to 2.6.35.x you have to revert back to 2.6.32 then patch up to 2.6.35.x which sucks because I can't find the patch for 2.6.32.9 to revert back to 2.6.32(because apparently you have to have the patch from 2.6.32 to 2.6.32.9 in order to revert the changes) I have heard you can make your own patch files by using diff and going to the linux kernel github and diff'ing the version you want to make a patch from but I sure don't know what I'm doing. We may be stuck in the 2.6.32 land forever on this phone!

I'm still going to try to get it updated and possibly try to patch up to 3.0 if its possible!

Edit:
Where did you find the patch files you used to go up to 2.6.32.21?

Hey I've been running your kernel on froyo cream sandwich and have had some wake locks were battery was dead after 9 hours while on airplane mode. If you got any tips to prevent this I'm all ears.
Also this is without wifi or Bluetooth enabled.:)

Hey I've been running your kernel on froyo cream sandwich and have had some wake locks were battery was dead after 9 hours while on airplane mode. If you got any tips to prevent this I'm all ears.
Also this is without wifi or Bluetooth enabled.:)

Are you overclocked/underclocked? If so, what settings are you using?
Are you attempting to undervolt? If so, what settings are you using?

I assume from your statement that you were not using your phone during this 9 hours?
Did you check to see if you have an app that was running during this time? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Also, did you happen to check cpu spy to see if your phone was in deep sleep during this time?

And just as a reference, when my phone is in airplane mode and able to deep sleep, I usually lose power at a rate of about 1% every 3 or 4 hours.

I have found in order to patch up from 2.6.32.x to 2.6.35.x you have to revert back to 2.6.32 then patch up to 2.6.35.x which sucks because I can't find the patch for 2.6.32.9 to revert back to 2.6.32(because apparently you have to have the patch from 2.6.32 to 2.6.32.9 in order to revert the changes) I have heard you can make your own patch files by using diff and going to the linux kernel github and diff'ing the version you want to make a patch from but I sure don't know what I'm doing. We may be stuck in the 2.6.32 land forever on this phone!

I'm still going to try to get it updated and possibly try to patch up to 3.0 if its possible!

Edit:
Where did you find the patch files you used to go up to 2.6.32.21?

If you want to take a look at this and see if you can get it to work better, be my guest:

https://github.com/mantera/2.6.35-kernel_msm7x30

Currently, the issue is random reboots.

As for the 2.6.32 patches, I've been referencing this in addition to kernel.org:

[linux-patches] Log of /genpatches-2.6/tags/2.6.32-46/0000_README

Thanks for your work mantera. My phone is smooth as butter! One issue though: after you take 1 picture on the FFC the image flips upside down and all following pictures are upside down. My wife found it on her phone first (she's on stock rom) and I discovered I have the same issue on brom. I flashed brom's kernel and the problem went away. BTW this is with 1.1.2

Thanks for your work mantera. My phone is smooth as butter! One issue though: after you take 1 picture on the FFC the image flips upside down and all following pictures are upside down. My wife found it on her phone first (she's on stock rom) and I discovered I have the same issue on brom. I flashed brom's kernel and the problem went away. BTW this is with 1.1.2

Weird. I'll take a look when I have time. Thanks.

Are you overclocked/underclocked? If so, what settings are you using?
Are you attempting to undervolt? If so, what settings are you using?

I assume from your statement that you were not using your phone during this 9 hours?
Did you check to see if you have an app that was running during this time? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Also, did you happen to check cpu spy to see if your phone was in deep sleep during this time?

And just as a reference, when my phone is in airplane mode and able to deep sleep, I usually lose power at a rate of about 1% every 3 or 4 hours.

I have two apps that run all the time avast and 3g watchdog the same two were running on whyzors tg reloaded and would at most drain to 80% during the same typical work day . i dont over clock or undervolt and i take it out of airplane mode a total of one hour thats two 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch. i hadnt heard of cpu spy yet so didnt know to look i will remeber that for next time. Sorry if im not much help but i switched to b kernal and went two days with only an hour charge between full charges.
But any way its just froyo. I would hate to destract you from cm9. im running guiding light now anyway. Im a bit of a romer. :):)

Hey mantera, how did you add support for LZO compress and decompress. I noticed in your commit where you enabled zram, you also enabled lzo compression and decompression support. My source does not include lzo compression and decompression support, and I cannpot find out where you added it at. I assume that zram needs lzo support in order to compress the swap pages. Any ideas on how you got it in your source?

Hey mantera, how did you add support for LZO compress and decompress. I noticed in your commit where you enabled zram, you also enabled lzo compression and decompression support. My source does not include lzo compression and decompression support, and I cannpot find out where you added it at. I assume that zram needs lzo support in order to compress the swap pages. Any ideas on how you got it in your source?

Offhand, I don't remember, sorry, man.

Offhand, I don't remember, sorry, man.

Its all good, I figured it out. Apparently when you enable zram it automatically enables lzo decompress and lzo compress.

Oh and I don't think the zram setup used in our kernels is compatible with cm7 internal compcache handler. It looks to see first if we have ramzswar, which we don't, so it moves on to zram. It tries to modprobe the zram module, which ours is already built in and setup with a single zram device. It thens ets up the disksize, which works, but when it tries to call mkswap on the device it calls mkswap /dev/block/zram0, which is not where our zram device is initialized at. Ours is at /dev/zram0.

I tired a bunch on my phone to get it to work and calling mkswap on /dev/block/zram0 would always reboot my phone, but i figured out you have to call mkswap on /dev/zram0. So we could do a simple edit of the compcache cm7 script to change it from calling mkswap /dev/block/zram0 to mkswap /dev/zram0

I haven't actually tested the zram on CM7. I enabled it but I never thought to see if it was actually swapping out to the zram device.

All,

I recently flashed the Umph kernel over my otherwise (minus a little UOT Kitchen battery icon magic) stock froyo ROM. In order to use the fOCK kernel, would I need a deodexed stock ROM, or can I flash it just like I did with Umph?

I apologize in advance for the noobish question. :)

All,

I recently flashed the Umph kernel over my otherwise (minus a little UOT Kitchen battery icon magic) stock froyo ROM. In order to use the fOCK kernel, would I need a deodexed stock ROM, or can I flash it just like I did with Umph?

I apologize in advance for the noobish question. :)

Should work the same.

Just flashed v1.1.2 over stock ROM- all seems well so far, although I'm keeping my eye on 3G- speeds are sucktastic at the moment compared to a test earlier this morning with Umph kernel, but could just be the network. I noticed the touchscreen sensitivity improvement with Whyzor's updated drivers immediately! Screen autobrightness also looks a little brighter to my eye, but hard to say for sure...

Many thanks for all your work on this (and your many other) projects! :)

Just flashed v1.1.2 over stock ROM- all seems well so far, although I'm keeping my eye on 3G- speeds are sucktastic at the moment compared to a test earlier this morning with Umph kernel, but could just be the network. I noticed the touchscreen sensitivity improvement with Whyzor's updated drivers immediately! Screen autobrightness also looks a little brighter to my eye, but hard to say for sure...

Many thanks for all your work on this (and your many other) projects! :)

Definitely seems to be a difference in 3G speeds between kernels- just reflashed Umph for grins & where I was getting ~.250 up & .130 down, now getting ~.650 up & .450 down (closer to what I'me used to getting here at work, usually .4-.9 up & .3-.5 down.)

Anyone else experience this with the fOCK kernels?

Back
Top Bottom