• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED as Torch App Here

Is there any app BTW that can enable you to use the flash during filming...
I've had the need to film in darkened spots but the lack of led usage is stopping me...

Not sure if there's an app for it but apparently that feature is coming in FroYo 2.2. :D

I have tried all three led light apps mentioned here and none work on my incredible. This sucks:confused:

I'm sorry to hear that. a search for led light brings up several others that you can try. But I suspect that you will have to wait for someone to write an Incredible version. Don't forget that the Desire has been out a bit longer than the Incredible.

For Desire users, I just found a new led app that's even coolererer. It's called:

LED Desire Light by nostovic

4 brightness settings
auto screen dim
morse code
sos auto repeat.

I'm using LED light, I like it a lot especially as it has widget. I'm reading a lot of debate as to whether these apps damage your phone as the LED is apparently not designed to be on for "prolonged" periods. Firstly, how long is "prolonged", secondly I thought that Froyo was going to enable the LED as a video light for recording at night, so surely it's not going to spontaneously combust if used as a torch? :confused:

How long "prolonged" is will depend on how bright it is set to. Some LED apps have it on full brightness (the same, I presume, as the camera flash is) but others tone it down a bit. I'm using LED Desire Light which has 4 brightness settings so if I want to use it for more than a couple of minutes, I'd turn it down to a low setting.

Having said that, I'd only use it at all if I was caught needing a torch unprepared. If I have any chance to plan, I'd bring a proper torch.

Back
Top Bottom