• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Where is the latest update and fixes for cm 12.1? I saw on the XDA forums that there were fixes, but I can't seem to find it...

Attachments

• 1438421724763.jpg
    1438421724763.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 135
Idk what to tell you, I never got that when I was running cm11 at all. Also it's not you or Firefox, AF has been having a lot of server hiccups lately.

As for you, where did you hear that there's any fixes? Nothing else has been fixed by aznrice and it doesn't look like anything else will be.

Good luck with that dude told me he gave up on the WiFi

@Blu8 Well, after I downloaded your file, I ran a md5sum check, and I ran another md5sum check before installing the file. I don't mean to be rude, but is it possible you uploaded a corrupt or outdated version?

I tried that theme and five others, of the six only that one gave me trouble when trying to uninstall it. Nothing wrong with the ROM, just that one theme causes trouble.

Hey guys I hate to barge in, but I got an avant the other day for 5 bux so I kingrooted/supersume swapped,recovery,etc.. Looked everywhere for a Rom and was surprised to not find any and jus a few empty links. You guys are doing a great job with these roms and I appreciate your work. Blew my mind when I saw a couple of you guys are half my age lol. But I'm really digging aokp, jus that Wi-Fi is all I see buggy and cm11 was fine until a couple hours ago Wi-Fi started being a douche. Anyone know where I can find the most stable roms (ill try any and gladly test any) thanks , I'm very new to flashing bare with me

At the moment the two ROM's on my AFH page are all that are available for custom rom's for the avant at the moment. Neither is going to be updated further. Someone had a CM12.1 with no wifi or camera over at xda, but they gave up on wifi so there's that.

At the moment the two ROM's on my AFH page are all that are available for custom rom's for the avant at the moment. Neither is going to be updated further. Someone had a CM12.1 with no wifi or camera over at xda, but they gave up on wifi so there's that.
Oh wow it's really that dead huh. That's a shame this lol phone is a beast for its class. But the Wi-Fi is fine on both Romano was my hot-spot from my LG g4 which is the first time so I thought it was this one. But you guys are really good man and I appreciate the work you put in... So weird no roms and my optimus is cooked constantly lol

EDIT : Romano?? WTF Lmao just love word prediction

Last edited:
Oh wow it's really that dead huh. That's a shame this lol phone is a beast for its class. But the Wi-Fi is fine on both Romano was my hot-spot from my LG g4 which is the first time so I thought it was this one. But you guys are really good man and I appreciate the work you put in... So weird no roms and my optimus is cooked constantly lol
Agreed for a 200 dollar phone this is a beast it and the moto g 2 are neck and neck

If I were to start developing CM 12.1, and I MIGHT, which ROM do I base off of? I'm CONSIDERING and I want to see the difficulty ahead of me. I already know the developer parts like the JDK. But where do I get the kernel and what rom do I get the system from?

If I were to start developing CM 12.1, and I MIGHT, which ROM do I base off of? I'm CONSIDERING and I want to see the difficulty ahead of me. I already know the developer parts like the JDK. But where do I get the kernel and what rom do I get the system from?
Lmao!!!! Well I hope you know something about sepolicy oh BTW Github

That's already been done for you, you base it off the source code on github which was based off cm12.1 for a similar device. But there's a lot you need to fix and a lot of research you need to do before you even start

That's already been done for you, you base it off the source code on github which was based off cm12.1 for a similar device. But there's a lot you need to fix and a lot of research you need to do before you even start
I can't find it, can I have the link?

What is the difference between vendor and device
The source isn't committed so if you don't know anything about sepolicy or a kernel you're wasting your time. Hell I can't even figure out the sepolicy. I can't stand when people come in here and say they are gonna build/try to compile something and can't even find the source are you effing kidding me!!!

The source isn't committed so if you don't know anything about sepolicy or a kernel you're wasting your time. Hell I can't even figure out the sepolicy. I can't stand when people come in here and say they are gonna build/try to compile something and can't even find the source are you effing kidding me!!!
Still worth a try.
I'm already getting the hang of it.

I do know what a kernel is and what SE is. I work with Linux all the time. I've compiled things before too. Device and vendor are the only things I don't.

I do know what a kernel is and what SE is. I work with Linux all the time. I've compiled things before too. Device and vendor are the only things I don't.
Well awesome maybe you can help me compile the se then because that is pretty much the only thing keeping me from compiling 5.1.1

Back
Top Bottom