• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your "Incredible" layout (Pun intended)

Copy and paste is definitely easier (please note in the command prompt you cannot use the shortcut keys of CTRL + V to paste, you must right click and select paste)

One note is if you are using XP and it says "Documents and Settings you may have to put quotes around the line so it would read:

cd "C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Desktop\android-sdk_r05-windows\tools"

anyways, if anyone really needs more instruction just let me know and I can help out.

-Eipee73

Well, I really appreciate all the help. I downloaded htcsync and it is in my list of programs. I have the phone set right with usb debugging on and connected as a disk drive. However, htcsync doesn't connect to the phone.

Any ideas???

dont need it as a disk drive. open your cmd line (start, type run then cmd "enter") when its opened, enter in the path to the tools folder and hit enter. after you do the, type adb and see what happens. if you get a bunch of things scrolling past, you're good

DI-1.jpg

DI-2.jpg

DI-3.jpg

But also looks like this at times

DI-3-1.jpg

DI-4.jpg

DI-6.jpg

DI-7.jpg

I missed a page in the screen capturing process and might add it later but it is just facebook widget with engadget widget..

Well, I really appreciate all the help. I downloaded htcsync and it is in my list of programs. I have the phone set right with usb debugging on and connected as a disk drive. However, htcsync doesn't connect to the phone.

Any ideas???

That's okay, mine doesn't sync up either, just try to proceed now that you have installed HTC sync. What operating system are you working with?

Why can't I find Google Earth listed under the Adroid Marketplace? It doesn't come pre-loaded on the DI does it. Can't find it anywhere? Help!

For what it's worth, I did some considerable testing this afternoon with HelixLauncher 2. It looks pretty sick, but it was force closing A LOT. Not sure if it was a conflict with another app or what, but I switched to Helix 1 and had no issues. Also, thanks for the link to the news widget lgldrgdlr

Why can't I find Google Earth listed under the Adroid Marketplace? It doesn't come pre-loaded on the DI does it. Can't find it anywhere? Help!

Its neither on the market nor on your Incredible. You need to install it manually. You can find the APK somewhere in the threads. Just search for it.

Couple questions for you guys.

Is there a way to change a program's standard icon without using something like apps manager?

Also, is there a way to re-skin other widgets?

For what it's worth, I did some considerable testing this afternoon with HelixLauncher 2. It looks pretty sick, but it was force closing A LOT. Not sure if it was a conflict with another app or what, but I switched to Helix 1 and had no issues. Also, thanks for the link to the news widget lgldrgdlr

Yea, I tried Helix2 today and it was closing too much. I think it has issues with some of the widgets. I'll give Helix1 a try, but hopefully they'll fix the issues.

Not sure what the difference is between the two.

QUOTE]

Where did you get the Google Voice widget/shortcut? Just bought my invite, and can't seem to figure out where to get it.

I have the same thing. It's just the program shortcut. Its not a widget. You just add-->program--> find google voice and select it.

Edit: I forgot that there is also a pseudo-widget (actually a shortcut) for google voice that toggles whether to make calls with google voice or not. Its found by using add --> shortcut -->google voice

I have the same thing. It's just the program shortcut. Its not a widget. You just add-->shortcut--> find google voice and select it.

I guess that's my problem --- I can't find the shortcut to google voice. Did I set it up wrong? I signed up from my PC, and followed the instructions. Everything seems to work well, but other than the fact that it works, I can't find anything that references google voice on my phone!

I guess that's my problem --- I can't find the shortcut to google voice. Did I set it up wrong? I signed up from my PC, and followed the instructions. Everything seems to work well, but other than the fact that it works, I can't find anything that references google voice on my phone!

I edited my reply to show that there is both a shorcut and a program shorcut. Two different things. The shortcut allows you to toggle whether google voice is used for calls or not. The program shortcut just brings you to google voice.

Maybe you can find one or the other?

PS: How did you get credit for my post and me credit for yours lol :p

I edited my reply to show that there is both a shorcut and a program shorcut. Two different things. The shortcut allows you to toggle whether google voice is used for calls or not. The program shortcut just brings you to google voice.

Maybe you can find one or the other?

PS: How did you get credit for my post and me credit for yours lol :p

LOL. I don't know how I did that!
When I go into my programs, there's nothing that shows that I have google voice. Maybe it's because I only did the voicemail, and did not get a google voice number?

LOL. I don't know how I did that!
When I go into my programs, there's nothing that shows that I have google voice. Maybe it's because I only did the voicemail, and did not get a google voice number?

ok i think i fixed the quote mixup haha. There was an extra quote tag!

I'm not sure whats going on. I would first try rebooting if you havent done that since installing goolge voice. Otherwise try uninstalling and reintalling. This happened once for me with not finding a widget that I had just installed but it ended up showing up after about 5 minutes without me having to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom