• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg optimus v not booting up

gamingwiz

my lg optimus v is not booting up. I rooted it. Then i tried installing a custom rom (android 2.3) and i picked install from sd. Then i clicked all the options (back,cear cache,clear dalvick cache) and let it run. It then went to a black screen lit up a litte bit. the buttons are lit up too. but i let it sit and it didnt do anything so i took out the battey and restarted it and this is what it does. 1.Says lg 2. Says virgin mobile 3. Turns off and back on automaticly4.Says lg again 5. then stays in a black screen. Please help!

my lg optimus v is not booting up. I rooted it. Then i tried installing a custom rom (android 2.3) and i picked install from sd. Then i clicked all the options (back,cear cache,clear dalvick cache) and let it run. It then went to a black screen lit up a litte bit. the buttons are lit up too. but i let it sit and it didnt do anything so i took out the battey and restarted it and this is what it does. 1.Says lg 2. Says virgin mobile 3. Turns off and back on automaticly4.Says lg again 5. then stays in a black screen. Please help!

gamingwiz,

Welcome to the AndroidForums and thank you for the report--I've moved your thread to the all-things-root section (no biggie, by the way--we do this all the time, but certainly appreciate the heads-up re. this).

Hopefully the other kind folks like Thorsten will have some sage and helpful advice for you to get your Optimus V back on its feet again.

Cheers!

If that if the order you did it in, you got it backwards. You need do the wipes first then install the ROM. Also if your using an IHO ROM, make sure to check if you need to also flash the gapps.zip.

Back
Top Bottom