• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Volt now available

Sorry if I seem to be disturbing you. Don't mean to. Just was trying to relay what little I am learning abt this function. I m sure I'm not the only one who may not have reliable internet and hope to use phone when needed. Unfortunately one dosnt find out about lack of certain things until after you purchase the phone.. Dont get me wrong compared to my previous phone ZTE WARP (which had usb and wifi functionality...no extra charges) this Volt is like night and day but had I known abt this lack of function availability I may have delayed purchase.
In mean time I'll keep experimenting a with the app I found and if need buy get the full version

Sorry if I seem to be disturbing you. Don't mean to. Just was trying to relay what little I am learning abt this function. I m sure I'm not the only one who may not have reliable internet and hope to use phone when needed. Unfortunately one dosnt find out about lack of certain things until after you purchase the phone.. Dont get me wrong compared to my previous phone ZTE WARP (which had usb and wifi functionality...no extra charges) this Volt is like night and day but had I known abt this lack of function availability I may have delayed purchase.
In mean time I'll keep experimenting a with the app I found and if need buy get the full version

I understand your situation, but you haven't conveyed any new or previously unknown information in your posts. The Volt is perfectly capable of providing USB tethering, it's just not integrated into the system software. There is lots of information it there about what is included with a given phone before you purchase it, you just have to do some research. I've looked at Easytether in the play store. There is no data limit. The restriction is what devices can be used with the lite version. Are you having trouble using it? Not sure what experimenting you would be referring to.

anape7y2.jpg

This doesn't change our bootloader situation tho right?? A custom recovery would be nice but shoot I ain't complaining.....Thanks again and huge thanks to GEOHOT for making it rain!!!!

This doesn't change our bootloader situation tho right?? A custom recovery would be nice but shoot I ain't complaining.....Thanks again and huge thanks to GEOHOT for making it rain!!!!
even with a locked bootloader you could still have a chance at a 2nd int or safestrap style recovery

Im sure there will be someone on here or xda forum will find a way to loki this bootloader patients thats all we need im just happy we have soft root to get rid of all that bloatware we had on the phone.

I love how people dont mention names and give credit when other people are the ones that make this happen.

Sorry if i made anybody mad, just thought thanking everybody would be enough. everybody at android forums are so helpful.
Team effort thing. Thanks again y'all

Hello, whenever I try to uicc unlock under system update it says ''the profile update could not be completed'' Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Rooted with towel root LG Volt Virgin mobile

I just got the lg volt. Love the phone it was a pain to root but i rooted it. Security features in kit kat will not you to move apps to sd but after the root i am able to move most of them to sd and delete bloatware.

What's spark?

Also, someone was asking for a screenshot of the internal storage...bear in mind I have quite a few apps installed beyond stock...at least a GB worth.

Thanks for the screen shot. I'm thinking about the Volt for my next phone. It shows your Total Space as 3.93GB. I wonder if the Virgin Mobile Volt is the same?

Is that 3.94GB (minus OS and bloatware) available to the user to install apps on?

It really confuses me when I look at specs. and try to figure out how much space I have to use. I'm currently on an LG Optimus F3 and my Total Space says 1.24Gb. So from that, I would gather the Volt has more space than the F3.

But when I look at this:
LG Volt Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

It says "4 GB internal storage, raw hardware, 3 GB internal storage, available to user 1 GB RAM". That makes it sound like you only have 1GB to install your apps on.

When you look at the F3:
LG Optimus F3 (CDMA) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

The F3 says "4 GB internal storage, raw hardware, 1.2 GB internal storage, available to user 1 GB RAM". So it also says the "available to user 1 GB" - the same as the Volt. It is the "Internal Storage" that is different between the 2.

So what gives. Does the Volt have more space that I can actually use to install my apps than the F3 does?

It looks me that it does by your "Apps 2.22GB" in your screen shot, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know for sure (especially if you use Virgin Mobil and had an F3).

Thanks

The 4GB available to the user is with the OS and bloatware already installed. That is the space that the user has when everything is all said and done. I had the F3 with Virgin Mobile and I have this phone with them. The phone has 1GB of RAM and 4GB of storage. I have a screen shot that shows right around 4GB for the user.
esy5y3u4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom