• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Link to our Rooted GingerBLUR

haha, i downloaded it, now to install it, however i got to take my phone somewhere to get service while everything syncs back up :p

No offense to anyone, but you guys really need to read the instructions before applying anything.....you would clearly see that you need the D2 bootstrapper because the DX bootstrapper will not work, much like 3.4.2.

I think I'm confused. I've read over the thread many times but can't find an answer. If I'm coming from a .340 ROM (Apex), can I simply boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, etc and install the rooted GB ROM? Also, if I'm using this method, do I need the D2 Bootstrap app or can I use the DX Bootstrap?

I think I'm confused. I've read over the thread many times but can't find an answer. If I'm coming from a .340 ROM (Apex), can I simply boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, etc and install the rooted GB ROM? Also, if I'm using this method, do I need the D2 Bootstrap app or can I use the DX Bootstrap?

Yes to both of your questions! :)

Ok, for the dummy here, folks. Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

I've dl'd the new dxgbrooted.zip file and put it on my SD card. I used maderstcok previously to get back to stock 2.340 but I rooted it to get rid of those assinine bloatapps.

Before installing GBRoot:

a. Do I use maderstcok again to get back the bloatapps? Yes/No
b. Should I wipe Dalvik, data, battery and partition caches? Yes/No
c. Do I use DX Bootstrap or D2 Bootstrap to get into recovery before I install the dxgbrooted.zip file? Yes/No
d. Upon completion, shall I make a burnt offering to appease the all-powerful Droid of a successful install? Yes/No

Thanks from the noob.

I considered this issue of utmost importance, so I put a temporary stuck thread at the top.

Also, everyone should pay for the D2 app to support the dev.

I considered this issue of utmost importance, so I put a temporary stuck thread at the top.

Also, everyone should pay for the D2 app to support the dev.

Just want to clarify - I know I offered to send it to people who need it and I have gotten many requests for it - I bought both the DX bootstrap apk and the D2 apk for my wife's phone way back when I first rooted. Since people are unable to find the D2 apk now, I just thought it would be helpful to share it until it's back up available for purchase.

Any word of a one click root yet? I installed GB yesterday before it got rooted and wont have time to sbf until later this week.

Thanks folks.

Here guys, I couldn't keep up with the PMs:

Droid2Bootstrap.apk

I'm only putting this up because the developer himself offers it for free on his website, the download link just happens to be broken right now. I strongly recommend you buy the app for $2 in the market. It's worth it for what you are getting. If anyone disagrees with this, let me know and I'll remove it.

Make sure you get the newest file with the fixed recovery. The older file had a hash of f4AA or something. This one starts with 52c88.

Back
Top Bottom