• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root looks like development for the connect is dead

Yeah as long as vv5 stays locked (not rootable) it's pretty much done with. Sucks cause I only got about 6 good months of use out of this phone and it costed me $400 dollars (which was very hard to scrape up). Pisses me off!

All hope is not lost, we need a root god to look into the Masterkey Exploit, see my post here...

Upvote 0
No, you don't have to use VV5, go ahead and use a ZVx based ROM if you wish, if it will work. There are a few threads about the Metro-T-Mo merger that affected data and some other components of anything Pre-VV5 ROMs. Mostly data not working, but I think that affected only some people in different areas/markets. My Connect was a drink coaster during the whole merger and transition so I'm not fully aware of all that went awry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones