• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love my Droid - Here are my complaints

Maybe that's why there's an option to "Exit Navigation" in the menu of the GPS app. A lot quicker than switching to a task killer if you ask me!

Ditto. I was able to reproduce the behavior (Browser using GPS when in the background) when indoors (because it keeps trying to get a fix I think). Will try it outdoors later. However, as you said, much better to just turn off GPS; not only is it easier, you do not have to worry about other apps trying to use it (I have a lot of location-aware apps).

Upvote 0
My comment was in reference to navigation running in the background. If you're worried about GPS used by other apps running down your battery, why don't you just disable it :thinking:

I shouldn't have to be worried about it, I should be given the OPTION to exit apps when I'm through with them.

My computer was wayyyy more memory than my Droid, but I can still CHOOSE to close programs I'm not using.

Upvote 0
Speaking of GPS, I've gotta say the GPS hardware in the Droid is f$%^ing AMAZING. I live in NYC, and my BB supposedly had GPS and it could never get a fix. Even real, standalone GPSs took a while, due to the buildings. But the Droid gets a fix super fast, and is VERY accurate. As someone with NO sense of direction (I get lost all the time) this is a godsend.

Now if they could only get the camera to work half as well.....

Upvote 0
That's not accurate.

Hi-speed USB cables can go up to a little over 16 feet, with low-speed ones going up to a little over 9 feet. Why would it be unreasonable to expect Motorola to include a USB cable that was at least 6 feet long, especially if they intended for it to serve the dual purpose of PC connectivity and wall charging?

There was no reason to include such a short cable. It was simply a case of poor planning.

Not only is holokaustos correct...the length of a USB cable has nothing to do with speed when used for charging. You can buy aftermarket cables for this up to six feet (that I've seen) and probably longer...it's a standard micro USB-to-Micro USB cable.

Upvote 0
Coming from the Palm Pre, the Droid is better in every way. I do like the power button in its current location. My only real complaint is how long the camera takes to snap the picture. The touch screen is much nicer than that of the Pre. A couple of people I know who have it complain about the slide up feature. I don't use it; therefore, I can't complain about it. Overall, I am very happy w/ the Droid.

My wife comes from the Blackberry and she says the Droid blows a BB out of the water.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones