• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

McGyver Windshield mount - CHEAP

beano52

Howdy gang, Here is a windshield mount I fabricated for my EVO.

First I took an old case or back skin that the EVO just clicks into. These are available on EBay new for under $3.00.

skin.jpg

Next I took a generic windshild mount (From an old HTC touch diamond)

mount.jpg

I took the "phone holder off the windshield mount and used my dremel to cut off the tabs on the end of the mount creating a smooth flat surface. I used the dremel to take off the paint on the back of the case where I would be attaching the windshield mount.

I proceeded to cut the flexible section out of the middle of the windshield mount. I did this at an angle so I could super glue the suction cup end back to the "phone" end. I then glued all 3 pieces together and came up with a really nice mount done on the cheap!

IMAG1393.jpg

IMAG1394.jpg

IMAG1391.jpg

This is a great idea. I've also got the same snap on case that is never used. Now I wish I would have bought that clearance universal winshield mount I saw at Target months ago.

I love it..but with amazon running various mounts at $1-8 it was far easier to just order one :p

I'm digging the idea, but living in Arizona has me thinking that glue is going to fail once the sun kisses it for a few minutes/hours. I'd go one step further and drill tiny holes where the old pieces you dremeled out, then find some tiny screws (flush) and then it will be sun proofed. I'm going to do this and post pics. Great idea!!!!

Back
Top Bottom